Chapter 3: Love Song (AU story)

A/N: I'm sorry if you were expecting another ship for this chapter, but Naegiri is my OTP and I couldn't help but write another one Σ(っ°Д °; ) っ. I promise the next one is a different ship.

Fluff

Non Despair and Kyoko is also a pianist AU

Makoto's POV

My mind was filled with all of my memories of her as I walked through the empty halls here at Hopes Peak. I couldn't erase the things that Hina said at lunchtime, Kiri likes me?? That's impossible!! What would she see in me anyway?? I mean, she is the polar opposite of me, she is brave, confident, smart, mysterious, and..... Beautiful and Amazing...

I wish it was true but as I said, it's impossible!! She's WAY more mature than me, compared to her, she has a great and amazing talent, while I'm just a student who was lucky enough to win the lottery. I'm not even sure if that was luck or a coincidence.. (A/N: Bruh..)

I began to smile little by little as I think of the times when I caught a glimpse of her smiling and laughing, sometimes I would catch her staring at me which made blush every time I caught her so... I wanted to tell her how I felt about her, how I always felt butterflies in my stomach, how her smile brings me hope. My feelings grew for her whenever we would hang out together like that one time on her birthday, we went to a lake to see the stars at night...

*Flashback brought to you by Makoto's Ahoge*

We sat down together with her head on my shoulder as she looked at the stars with her shining amethyst eyes, I looked at her in awe as I brushed off a piece of her hair that covered her mouth which startled her...

"I-I'm s-sorry!! I was j-just trying to-"

"It's fine Makoto-Kun"

'She called me by my first name!'
that was the first time I heard her call me by my first name which made me feel happy...

"Why are you smiling Makoto-Kun? "

I didn't know I was smiling until she said that, she probably thought I was a creep back then.

"Uh n-no, don't get the wrong idea!! I was just surprised that you started calling me by my first name all of the sudden"

Kiri's eyes widened as she didn't know she was calling me by my first name, she looked away, coughed, and looked back at me...

"If you wanna know why the reason is that you have become someone...."

She looked at me with sincerity in her eyes.

"Special"

Taken by the words and her smile as she finished her sentence and once again, leans back on my shoulder as I heard her release a content sigh...

*End of the Flashback*

That day was memorable for me and I hope for Kyoko, she became more Special to me more than anyone else...

As I made my way to the 4th floor, attempting to forget what Hina said, I got closer to the Music room and heard the piano playing a sweet and beautiful melody... I turned around to see if I could find a clock to see the time, 12:51 a.m. Who is playing the piano at this hour? I slowly headed for the door and peeked inside to see who it was, When I looked inside the room I couldn't believe what I saw.

KIRI??? Does she play the piano???

While she was playing the piano, I sneaked in making sure she didn't hear me or see me... I sat on the very corner listening to the piano as she started humming, I closed my eyes as I listened to her playing the piano... I'm no expert but the way she played the piano made me feel something.. She was playing from her heart, soul like she wanted to play for someone.