Chapter 6: A Winter Full Of Love

"Merry Christmas!!!!"

The SHSL Pianist cheerfully shouted as the fireworks began to spark across the beautiful and magical night sky. It was indeed magical, everyone looked at the fireworks in stupefaction and began to pray (Sorry!! This is what I do when it's Christmas 😅)

The lovely couple were planning to stay at home for Christmas, but came out with the decision to participate at the 'Miracle Christmas Event'. They still had fun even though it wasn't how they planned it to be. It still hasn't snowed yet, which was strange, but it was still freezing. They explored every single event in the plaza and went to dine at a particular diner, where they always go to when going on a date, and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

The Ultimate Detective was delighted to see the outcome of their decision, which was Kaede of course. He wanted her to have fun as much as possible since this was their first Christmas together as a married duo. Whenever Shuichi was working on a case, she would always come along for assistance which was helping him find clues and motivating him to be confident about himself.

They were a match made in heaven undoubtedly, but Shuichi would always quarrel with Kaede with the suggestion to come along with him. Especially if the case is about a murderer, but Kaede would anyway come along since she is worried about Shuichi. The detective knew that she was working really harsh on herself, especially when she has a concert to perform too, he would spot her practicing piano pieces in their music room and would sometimes sleep on top of the piano slightly snoring. She would sometimes get a fever and Shuichi, being a great husband, is always there to take care of her in times of need. Kaito however, would always tease Shuichi whenever he intends to take Kaede on a date, Shuichi has always been the quiet and shy type so it wasn't easy for him because whenever he did ask her on a date, he would turn into a blushing machine... Kaede finds this cutely adorable, and would always tease him for it (Poor Shuichi XD).

Well onto the celebration scene, after the Christmas Countdown, they decided to go back to a familiar place where it changed their lives permanently.

Flashback

"Thank you for tonight Shuichi, the lanterns were amazing!!"

"You're very welcome, as long as you enjoyed it!!"

"We even got to see Sonia and Gundam on a boat together, I always knew they were a very cute couple." The pianist smiled at her boyfriend, gently holding his hand as they walked through the Venus Park. Shuichi simply nodded and looked away with a hint of pink tint in his cheeks. It was barely noticeable but Kaede was quick to see it, she felt Shuichi's hand again, he was. Nervous...

Kaede took note of it and stop their tracks to face him. She places her hand on his cheek and felt his face, burning up. Kaede thought he was having a fever but that wasn't the issue, Shuichi turned away from her gaze quickly in embarrassment and grabbed her arm, sprinting towards the center of the park.

"H-hey!! Let's go right there at the center!!"

"Huh?" Kaede stated in clear confusion, she was slightly upset but decided to let it go for now.

End of flashback

Kaede smiled, remembering that moment while walking together, back at the place where the second-best memory of their lives was created. What's the first best memory you say?? Puhuhuhu, read the whole chapter to expose the truth.