Chapter 4: The Floating Lights

A/N: This ship is too pure not to talk about 😍...

Fluff

Rapunzel AU

"Are you certain it's this way? "

"I am certain"

Sonia and Gundam were walking around the town at night as the stars above shined brighter than ever. Today was a special day for both Sonia and the kingdom of Novoselic for its been 18 years that the only princess in the kingdom was missing. The town was much quieter during this time of year since it is a very sad day for the people in the kingdom. Nonetheless, Sonia didn't care much about the celebration, her mind was set to seeing the so-called "Floating Lights" or Lanterns for what Gundam told her at the tower. She had always seen them, floating in the night sky on her birthday which made her very excited to see them. So far from her first experience getting out of the tower, it was indeed a beautiful and special day. Everyone was far nicer and kinder from what her mother describes...

Everyone was so different than I expected, everyone was so nice and kind. The citizens of this kingdom were the kindest people I met, the only ones actually. The kingdom was filled with colors and decorations, music filled the crowded town as we walked around exploring the festival. A lot of festivities were going around and I wanted in every single one of them, but that would take a year if I participated in every one of them. Instead, I joined the ones that I'm most interested in, that includes the traditional dances of Novoselic. I tried to convince Gundam to join me, but he was too shy and scared of humiliation.

Gundam was known throughout the kingdom as the 'Prince of the Beast'. He wasn't actually a prince, it's because he never interacts with anyone else but wooden creatures. He was spotted one time, talking to a snake while having breakfast which made people feel scared as they feared that Gundam was a witch. He is far more than that actually, when I went to visit his home, I couldn't help but look around as curiosity got the best of me. Everything was clearly organized, the upper shelves beside the window were full of pictures of animals of every kind, from the smallest insects to the biggest mammals. One part of the room was full of art supplies for painting and canvases, the opposite side was filled with food supplies for animals, they were neatly arranged by what species...

He was much different from the stories her mother told about him, he was much kinder and sweet, like when he went to Sonia's tower by accident to rescue an injured bird. Looking back at the memories they made in the past week, made Sonia feel comfortable and safe when around Gundam.

"Here you are, mere human"

"Are we riding the boat together "

"Unfortunately, yes"

He gently grabbed Sonia's hand as she slowly and carefully stepped on the boat and made herself comfortable while Gundam unties the knot and sat down rowing the boat away from the shore...

After rowing for an hour, Gundam let the water take the boat as they got closer to the castle...

"The stars are shining much brighter tonight," Sonia said in awe as she looked at stars with her hands joining together... "Tonight really is special"

What Sonia didn't notice is that instead of looking at the stars, Gundam was looking at her with blushing cheeks and a faint smile. Gundam never felt anything like this before, but whatever feelings he had, he never wants it to end.