dilaudid pt. 2

It has been a couple of months since you and Spencer had taken a break. You would avoid him as much as you could but would still have to talk to him about work even if you hated it. But you still loved him, he was a part of you and you were a part of him.

Spencer had taken your advice and got helped for his dilaudid problem, but he looked a lot worse since you decided to take a break from him. You were at work and Derek had came up to you.

"Hey y/n"

"Hey Derek, what can I do for you?" you asked and he hesitated to what he was about to say to you.

"Talk to Spencer, he's looking worse by the minute. He barely read his books and he's starting to lack at his job."

"I don't know if I can do that." you said as you sighed and looked at Derek.

"Do it for me. You know I love him and he's like a brother to me. and I know you still love him. I can see the way Spencer lights up your world, y/n and lately I haven't seen that spark from either of you."

You were in shock with what Derek had to say and he was right. You cursed under your breath and finally caved,

"Fine I'll talk to him, but it doesn't mean we will get back together." Derek got excited by your answer and you laughed as he did a little dance.

"Just know you guys need each other. There's no way you can last any longer without Spencer in your life." You nodded at what derek said and took a deep breath. You got up from your seat and headed towards Spencer.

"Uh, Spencer can I talk to you? Alone?" he looked at you and nodded. You both walked awkwardly to the conference room.

"Are you okay, y/n?" you sighed and shook your head.

"No I'm not. I miss you Spencer but what you've done is awful."

"I know, I know. but I've been getting help, I'm in therapy and I'm going to groups sessions. I'm 4 months sober, y/n" you smiled as he finished talking.

"That's good, Spence. But I heard you aren't reading as much and you aren't focusing on your work." you said as you crossed your arms.

"I'll do better if you talk to me again, please. I don't know what to do without you in my life." you paced back and forth as you tried to think about it.

"I don't know what to do either, Spencer. but I don't know if I want to just magically start dating again." you looked at him and he nodded.

"We'll just stay friends and go from there. Would that work?" he asked and you smiled.

"Yeah that would work for me." he smiled and his face lights up as he heard your answer.

"Would it be weird for me to hug you?" you shook your head and opened your arms. He embraced you with the biggest hug and says,

"I missed you so much, y/n."

"Me too, Spence. You have no idea how much I missed you." you whispered. You both stayed in the same position for a while taking in what just happened.