Chapter 3: Is This The Start?

He knows my name.

He knows my name.

He knows my name.

"What on earth is happening here?" I asked myself. Ever since I left the cafeteria, that sentence was on my mind. It keeps on repeating. This stupid mind is just plain stupid. Ugh!

"Who cares if he knows your name? Who cares, Sunny? Who cares? Okay, so yes, I am talking here, asking myself this stupid thing. Now I am a crazy person. Ugh!" I said while lying down on the grass. How I hate me right now.

(Ring)

"Great timing, Bell" I stood up and hurried to the cafeteria to drop off my tray. I don't want to be late for my next class.

I hurriedly sat on the last seat on the corner of the room, just beside the windows. Whenever I wanted to get lost in my thoughts during classes, I usually look outside. Here, I could see the lake near the school. It's pretty.

"Yeah, it's pretty."

I heard someone say what I just said. Did I say it out loud?

"Yeah, you said it out loud."

He read my mind.

"Yeah, you know I could read minds."

Is he serious?

"I am serious."

Oh.

He suddenly laughed.

"Ugh, what's funny?"

"You"

"Me?"

"Yes you?"

Okay.

After a few seconds, he said, "Aren't you going to say anything?"

"No"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

I didn't say a word after that. He didn't say either.

The day went good so far. He didn't talk to me again after what happened earlier. I don't care. It's actually fine.

Only few minutes left and it's time to go home. Mom will be home late. Maybe I could take a few walks. She'll understand.

Just like early this morning, it's breezy. I was breathing in and breathing out when I think I heard someone called my name.

"Sunny! Hey!"

I searched where the voice is coming from and there I saw a familiar boy rushing towards me.

He stopped in front of me.

He was still catching his breath so I said, "Hi?"

"Hey! Good thing, I caught up with you. I just want again to say sorry for earlier. I want you to know that you are not funny like the real funny, you are funny because you look cute when your mind wanders and when you talk to yourself. Maybe the suitable word is you are fascinating. Yeah that's it, fascinating." He said like he really needs to explain what happened.

"It's okay." I plainly replied.

"That's all?"

He smiled then said, "Alright, you don't need to say something. It's fine."

I cut him off, "Oh, I'm sorry but you don't really read minds, right?"

"Is that what you're actually thinking?" He laughed.

I laughed. "Yeah sort of."

"I don't read minds." He said while laughing.

"Good to know." I smiled.

"So are you on your way home?" He asked.

"Yes." I said, avoiding his gaze.

"Same here; is it okay if I walk you home?" He looked at me, waiting patiently for an answer.

It took me a few seconds to answer. I said, "It will be fine. Thank you."

The walk was silent. The only thing I could hear was the gentle breeze passing by my ears. And for the first time again, I felt safe with a guy.