CHAPTER SEVEN

The Grand Rocklodge Hotel was beautiful. The view was beyond description; truly magnificent in all of its splendour.

Farrell rarely boasted about his accomplishments, but the tabloids, social media, admirers and the likes, never failed to blow the trumpets.

As Asha stepped into the grand lobby, her brother's true image and status in Ihowo came to light. She couldn't understand it before, but Farrell had made it to being number four on the top- twenty list of 'Ihowo's youngest billionaires', number two on the top-ten list of  'Ihowo's most eligible bachelors', and had also gotten on the cover page of the 'Great men magazine', which listed the individuals that stood like pillars of the nation.

She couldn't comprehend how much Farrell had accomplished, to the extent of being nationally recognized as one of Ihowo's great men.

My God! Mr Farrell Tashoke Gabriel is only twenty-six years old!

"How do you own all of these,Farrell?" She asked, getting lost in the beauty of the busy lobby as they made a quick stop at the reception.

"I dunno Asha. Maybe, through hard work?" He teased with a smile.

They greeted the receptionist warmly - well, I had to greet, seeing that she's only focused on gawking at Farrell's features.

She watched as the receptionist's vulture-like eyes ravished his body thoroughly; biting a bit of her lower lip and passing him sultry smiles. She looked hungry and desperate for his attention as she slowly handed him his room key card, not failing to leave a lingering touch on his fingers.

Asha scoffed while Farrell flashed the lady a million dollar smile and pulled her gently to himself; walking briskly towards an open elevator with golden doors.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice all that out there?" she eyed him for a while, wondering if he was just plain naive, or had secretly acknowledged the sick green light the vulture-eye lady had flashed at him.

"I'm not stupid Asha. I noticed it all, and trust me when I say I'm not, even in the least bit, interested in her. I was a bit surprised to see a new face sitting behind that desk. I'd have to ask Tama what happened to the previous receptionist and ,so you know, Tama is the hotel's manager. "

Asha shook her head slowly as the golden elevator doors slid open with a ding! She,with Farrell by her side, stepped out gingerly onto the spacious but beautifully decorated fifth floor, with doors on each side.

"But still, you're the overall boss here , so you should put her in her place," she said as they walked straight down the long aisle. That lady really needs some serious scolding!

"Good morning Mr Farrell." A very familiar looking guy, with a baritone voice, chimed as he stepped out of a room and closed the door behind him. The guy wore an eye-catching black tee shirt on a pair of black ripped jeans and his footwear,a black suede boot.

"Morning, Edward!" Farrell chimed back as they slightly brushed past the familiar stranger and stopped at a door, located at the farthest end of the aisle.

Farrell quickly pulled out his room key card from his jeans pocket, and inserted it into the door handle. Automatically, the door popped open and the room lights came on.

"Oh my God!" Asha exclaimed, earning a chuckle from Farrell.

He stepped aside, letting her go in first, then followed suit and shut the door with his feet.

"Welcome to my office, or room . . . or office room. Call it whatever you'd like, but this is where I get all my work done." He spread his arms out wide and sat on the edge of the bed at the far end of the room.