Chapter 1

Her hair seems to shine in the mansions lights. It never did phase me on who this girl was. Well to be fair it never phased anyone. When a random girl starts to come to meetings, you don't question it. Now I wish I had question it. Who was this girl? And why was she called the famous Baker daughter? My curiosity got the best of me one day. I started to look more into her. I wish I hadn't...You must be confused. I know I was when I heard about this girl. Let's go back to the day I met her.

Sheesh did they really have to invite me tonight. I was about to catch up on sleep. Sighing, I walk up to the bouncer of the club. "Name?" He asked as he glared at me. Instead of saying my name, I just simply handed him a card. He nods and lets me in. I'm glad that Baker family decided to make the cards. It makes my life easier. The music is loud as I walked through people trying my best to get to the meeting room. A female with short hair was going the same way. Who is she? Maybe someone who thinks that's the restroom. We reach the door at the same time. She looks at me then back at the door. She knocks and mumbles something about her brother. The door opens and immediately the girl rushes in. The bouncer looks at me then nods. Surprised he recognizes me. I walk towards the meeting room that had a curtain covering, but I stop in my tracks. "Why am I here?" A female voice says behind the curtain. "Father asked for you to come. Not sure why. I mean this does have to deal with the past..." The male voice, who I suppose is the son of the gangs leader. "Let's just I hope we get the CORRECT information." The female voice seems to be the sister. When did Alan have a daughter? I shake my head and carefully move the curtain so I can walk through. "Ah, Angel it's such a good time to see you!" Tony smiles at me as he sets his drink down. "As well as you, Tony." I look over to see the female from earlier. She seems to be deep in thought. "Angel, this is my sister, Crystal!" Crystal smiles as she turns her head towards me. I nod and sit down in the chair across from Tony. "The information was hard to get, but with some help. I finally got it all." I take the flash drive out of my shirt pocket. Tony smiles as he sees the flash drive in my hand. "Why exactly do you want to know about this girl? She's been dead for several years now!" My voice sounded curious. Who wouldn't be? Ella Castaway has been dead for years. Tony chuckles, he's nervous. "You see this girl owed us a great deal of money." I nod, but she died at 16. I better not question it right now. Crystal is staring hard at the flash drive. Tony smirks and slides a briefcase towards me. "As promised, your side of the deal." Crystal looked away as her brother says this. She seems to be staring at the curtain. Did someone follow me from work? I doubt it, this is my undercover job. That flashdrive does carry information on Ella, but it doesn't contain that her parents didn't care for her. Even if the poor girl is dead that doesn't need to be said. I slide the flash drive over to him as well. Soon after checking if all my money was there, I stood up. "Thanks for the money. If you need me to do anything else, you know where to find me..." I smirk as I start to leave. "Angel, before you leave..." Tony looks at me. His sister stands up and starts walking up to me. I was handed a card that was black and gold. "We would like to invite you to one of our parties. It's a yearly party. Since you have been shown trustworthy we would like you to come." Crystal smiles at me as I take the card out of her hand. "It would be a pleasure if you joined us. Father has been waiting to meet you. I nod and look down at the card. "I'll considered it. Depends on work." I smile and walk out of the meeting room.

I watch Angel leave the meeting room. "I don't like her..." I mumble as I look over to my brother. "Just because she's a detective doesn't mean she isn't trustworthy." He finishes his drink as he stands up. "Dad wants a... personal meeting with her." I nod and walk towards him. "I understand that, but she's a detective!! Our enemy!!!" I yell as emphasis what I'm saying with my hands. Tony states laughing. "For someone who had to change themselves. You still act like your 16 year old self!!!" I glare at him as I take the flash drive. "Just lets go. We need to give this to Lily." Tony simply nods and calls one of the guards we are leaving.