Chapter 2

A/N:  It doesn't matter how many people read this story. I'm really interested in this story, and even if it's only three people reading it I promise I won't stop writing until the end!(ok that sounded cringe)

Me and Dad are at the hospital for the 3rd time this week. I hate it here. It smells weird and the people always stare at me- people stare at me everyday but still- and I want my mom to get out of here as soon as possible.

We go towards the woman at the reception. "Patient name please?" She says blandly while raising an eyebrow at Dad and I.

"Choi Eun-Jin our names are Choi Natalie and Choi Sungmin and the room is 9B so could you sign us in now?" I spoke rushing each of my words.

Reception woman blinks twice with a blank expression and says, "You talk a lot for a kid, you know that?".

My Dad chuckles nervously and rubs his neck "That's my girl." She sighs and types into her computer "You can go."

Dad awkwardly waves "Alright have a blessed day!"

As we are speedwalking down the hall I notice Dad fumbling around with his fingers and silently praying. He has been doing that a lot lately because of Mom in the hospital. I feel so helpless with everything happening around me.

After my Dad called the police during the incident the boys got taken away into a police truck. According to my Dad though, they didn't get any punishment for what they did and got off with a warning. This society is so unfair.

When I grow up I'm going to be a lawyer and a model. A lawyer so negative encounters like this don't happen to people without fair punishment. A model, well just because I like to look nice for pictures. 

Before we head into the hospital room we meet a nurse in front of the door way. She is holding a clipboard that probably has Mom and other patients in the room's information on it.

"Ah, Hello" she chirps, "Are you here to see Mrs. Choi?" Um...duh.

"No, we actually came to gather all the hospital patients and debut as a co-ed K-pop group."  I comment sarcastically.

She ignored my comment and continues "Well I just wanted to let you both know that Mrs. Choi is getting better by each day! If all goes well she'll be out by the end of the month!" I can't help but smile at this. My mom will be better soon... 

"Really! That's great news!" Dad exclaims enthusiastically. For the first time in a while his face brightens. "So uh, can we go see her now?" My dad says in a calm voice, returning to his normal expression. "Of course" the nurse makes way for us to walk in.

While we pass by each of the curtains I can't help but wonder how each of the people got here, if they went through similar scenarios as Mom.

My dad gently opens the curtain to Mom's hospital bed. She is gracefully sleeping with her hands folded on her stomach. She slightly opens her eyes and smiles at us. She doesn't say anything, instead opens her arms to greet us.

Dad walks right past me and into Mom's arms. I kinda just stand there and enjoy the moment of my family being happy. Mom extends her hand and tells me "Sit down here." She points at the floor.

The disgusting hospital floor.

I look at her and study her face for a while. She had mutiple bandages on one of her cheeks and her face looked a nit grubby with faint blood stains on it. She looked like her normal self but more tired and beat up.