Chapter 21

"Kol!" I scream as I shoot up.
"Amelia? It's okay" Elijah says pulling me into his arms.
"Elijah?" I ask pulling away from him. "You were gone? What happened?" I notice I'm under the covers and I'm wearing different clothes.
"The spell or whatever you were doing put you to sleep" He says.
"How long was I out?" I ask. He sighs as Klaus walks in the room.
"Two days. You have a lot to catch up on" He says. I glare at him and stand up out of the bed and smack him around the face. He grabs me.
"That's for daggering Kol repeatedly" I say angrily.
"So that's what you were doing?" He asks. "After he left you for Davina"
"He was trying to protect our baby!" I shout.
"Amelia!" I hear a voice shout.
"Kol?" I say. I turn to Elijah and Klaus. I push him off me and walk downstairs. Hayley and Marcel stand in my way.
"I suggest you move. Do not piss off a pregnant woman" I hiss at them.
"Let her in," Klaus says from behind me. They move out of the way and I see Kol chained up on a staircase. I run to him and kiss him. He kisses back and then pulls away.
"I was so worried" He says.
"I had to do that. I needed to" I say. He nods slowly. "Now give me a second"
"Anything for you darling" He says. I fold my arms and turn to Klaus and Elijah.
"In my defence I didn't kidnap them" Klaus says with his hands up. I glare at him.
"Amelia..." Marcel says. I turn to him. He walks over to me and takes my hand. "You need to calm down"
"You kidnapped him?" I ask. He nods. I shake my head and take my hand away from his. "So you're going to tie me up to a wall as soon as this baby is out?"
"No. But you haven't tried to kill us or put us in someone else's body" Elijah says.
"Kol was protecting our family! I swear to god if you guys would just get your heads out of asses!" I shout as I feel a small pain in my stomach. I whimper and clutch it.
"Amelia?" Kol asks from behind me. Hayley comes over to me and puts a hand on my arm as I feel the pain again but it's not that painful. She puts my hand on my stomach in a specific spot and I feel it again. "What's happening?" I hear Kol pull on the restraints.
"The baby's kicking" I deduct and Hayley smiles at me. I turn to Kol and he looks at me worried. "Klaus please" Klaus nods slowly and takes Kol off the staircase but still with shackles on. I walk over to him and take his hand. I place it on the lower part of my stomach. The baby kicks again and Kol feels it. He smiles happily and then sighs. He puts his hands either side of my face.
"I love you. They're going to interrogate me either way so let them do it. Don't put yourself in danger for me" He says. I lay my head on his shoulder and kiss him again.
"I won't let them hurt you" I say.
"We won't," Klaus says. I turn and nod slowly at him.
"Are we done with this lovey dovey crap?" Finn asks. I turn to him and walk over.
"This one. You can hurt all you want" I say. Klaus smirks and I turn back to Finn and smack him hard. "That's for killing me and messing with my family" Marcel drags Kol upstairs. I sigh and watch as they all leave apart from Klaus and Finn.
"I'm going to my room. Just remember I'll know if you hurt him" I say and walk away. I walk into my room and close the door. I take out my phone and see Damon's contact. I hover over it before turning my phone off. I lay back on the bed and rub circles on my stomach. I feel a burning pain on my hand. I get up and storm into the room.
"Now, we can keep doing this as long as you want" Marcel says. He yanks a scalpel out of Kol's hand, which causes him to yelp in pain. He bites into his wrist and forces him to drink his blood. "...I can kill you now, and turn you into a brand-new baby vampire"
"Marcel!" I say walking into the room. Kol's hand starts to heal as Marcel holds the scalpel to his throat threateningly.
"Go on, do it. My mother's got plans for me, whether I like it or not. If I die, she'll just pop me into another body. Not that my family will care that much if the death was permanent" Kol says. Marcel stares at him for a moment before letting Kol go and removing the knife. He circles around the chair so he can face him.
"I'd care," I say. Kol's eyes meet mine. And he smiles at me.
"What are you really up to? Hmm? What's it got to do with Davina?" Marcel says getting annoyed.
"Heh, you think I'm gonna break her little heart? That's downright paternal of you, Marcel. In case you forgot my girlfriend is right here" Kol says. Marcel loses his temper and thrusts the knife in the air, ready to stab Kol with it, just as I'm about to run forward. Klaus rushes into the room and intervenes. I breathe a sigh of relief.
"Easy, Marcel! Easy. Let's give Kol a little longer to decide before we lop off his head, hmm?" Klaus says and I shake my head at him.
"Comments like that? He already thinks that you don't care" Marcel goads. He smirks at Kol. Why am I letting this happen.
"Is that so, brother?" Klaus asks.
"You only daggered me a dozen times. You always cared more for Marcel than you did for me"  Kol answers looking away.
"Well, I didn't realize I had hurt your feelings" Klaus says. He kneels in front of Kol.
"Yeah, well, that's the thing, innit, Nik? You don't know squat about me" Kol says angrily.
"Thanks to Marcel, I know all I need to"  Klaus says. Kol rolls his eyes in frustration. "You're desperate to be part of this family, aren't you?"
"Klaus stop" I say breaking my silence. Kol looks down at the floor and remains silent.
"All of your mischief was just attempts for attention. You know, the truth is, Kol, you're right to feel slighted. I mean that. You're right. But, perhaps there's still time to make it up to you" Klaus says. Kol looks up at Klaus in surprise, and the two stare at each other. I smile at Kol softly as his eyes meet mine. They dart down to my middle and he looks back at Klaus.
"I'll do what you need me to" He says. Klaus smiles and unchains him. I run to Kol and he pulls me into his chest. As Klaus and Marcel are about to leave I turn to them.
"Klaus. Thank you" I say. He smiles at me and nods.
"You're welcome Amelia" He says.
"Come on let's get you cleaned up" I say. I lead Kol into my room and grab a flannel and a spare shirt out of my draw.
"I'm sorry" He says as I start wiping the blood from his hand.
"For what? I'm the one that did a spell to go into your memories" I say shaking my head. He pulls me up and makes me sit on his lap.
"For trusting my mother" He says. I shake my head and put both of my hands on the sides of his face.
"Kol, I love you and we've both made mistakes" I say kissing him sweetly.
"I love you too" He says. I lay my head on his shoulder as I hear a crash and a grunt of pain from downstairs. Kol and I both stand up.
"What the hell was that?" I ask. I rush down the stairs to see Davina stood over Klaus with a bite on her neck. "Klaus!"
"Stay back" She says. She raises her hand to me and I feel another pull me back.
"Davina no! This is Amelia" Kol says from behind me. She lowers her hand and I run over to Klaus.
"What did you do to him?" I ask as I kneel down next to him.
"I channeled dark objects through my blood to poison him. How did you get free?" Davina says and turns to Kol.
"Oh, it's a long story. Better question is, if he's not dead, then what are you gonna do when he recovers?" Kol asks.
"We have an hour, maybe less. Enough time to chain him, bleed him, dump him in the river" She says. I shake my head and stand up.
"Sweetheart, you must be insane if you think I'm going to let you do that" I say. I cross my arms over my stomach.
"That's a bit harsh, isn't it?" Kol says. He shrugs at me.
"Since when do you care what happens to Klaus?" Davina asks him. Marcel suddenly awakens with a loud gasp. He pulls himself to his feet.
"Kol is with us now. We're going to be going up against Esther, assuming Klaus is upright" Marcel says walking over to us. Davina looks at Kol, confused and slightly betrayed.
"Look, Nik is a pain in the ass, but, well... she's a problem for us all" Kol says to her.
"Klaus is the problem! I don't give a damn what happens to Esther" Davina shouts.
"Well maybe you should!" I say walking closer to her with a glare. Cami walks through the door.
"Yeah, well, I sure do" She says to Davina. She notices Klaus' unconscious body and looks horrified. "Should I even ask?" Marcel shrugs and rolls his eyes toward Davina. I shake my head at Davina.
"Cami, you should go. It's not safe" She says.
"No kidding! I woke up with puncture wounds all up and down my spine and no idea how they got there. According to my uncle's files, they're part of this ancient spell, and I don't know about you guys, but when I see ancient and spell in the same sentence, I think Esther" Cami explains. I walk over to her.
"Let me see" I ask. She turns around and I lift up her shirt carefully and my blood runs cold. "Kol?" He walks over and looks at the marks on her back. I drop her shirt and sit down next to her.
"That's Mom's work, all right. She must have wiped your memory" Kol says.
"Not the first time that's been done by a member of this family. What does it mean?" Cami asks as Kol sits across from us.
"It's a byproduct of a... preparation spell" I say. Everyone looks confused.
"Preparation for what?" Davina asks looking at Kol and I.
"To make her a vessel" Kol answers. Davina and Marcel both look horrified, and Cami looks confused and scared.
"He means Esther prepared your body for someone to jump into" Marcel says.
"Likely herself. I mean, knowing Mother" Kol says. I notice Marcel looks at him suspiciously. Cami becomes overwhelmed with all the information and I rub her arm comfortingly.
"Where's Vincent?" She asks.
"Ballroom" Kol answers, pointing to the door. She stands up angrily.
"Kick his ass for me" I say and she smiles and leaves the room. I sit back.
"You look exhausted," Kol says, sitting next to me and taking my hand.
"That's what happens when you're a witch and pregnant" I answer, laying my head on his shoulder.
"Well you still look beautiful to me" He says kissing my head.
"Oh shut up being a kiss ass, I know all your tricks Mikaelson" I say. He laughs.
"And yet you fell in love with me anyway" He says.
"Like I had a choice" I say laughing at him. He kisses my forehead and I smile.
"Okay love birds stop with the PDA now" Marcel says sitting down.
"Jealous Marcel?" Kol asks. I roll my eyes.
"Kol..." I warn. He motions zipping his lips and I nod.
"How long do I have?" Cami asks, coming back into the room.
"Well, now that Esther knows where Rebekah is hiding... not long. The only way to stop it is to stop her" Kol explains. Cami looks around the room.
"Then, let's do this. Marcel's a vampire, you three are powerful witches" She says. Kol and I share a look.
"Esther's stronger than anything I've ever seen. We go up against her... We're going to need Klaus" Marcel says, looking at Davina. She stands up annoyed.
"No. No, we can do this without him!" She says. I roll my eyes at her and laugh quietly.
"Uh, I'm never gonna say this again, but Marcel's right: we do need the bastard. Plus Amelia is pregnant and I'm not throwing her against my mother" Kol says. I punch his arm and glare at him. Davina sighs, clearly unhappy with the decision so Cami approaches her and grabs her hands in her owns
"Davina, I know this is asking a lot, but please" She asks. Davina nods, understanding Cami's dilemma. She walks over to Klaus' body and kneels by his head. She places her fingertips on his temple and murmurs an unintelligible spell under her breath. Klaus suddenly gasps as he awakens, and rolls onto his side before he begins to pull himself onto his feet.
"What did she do to me?" He asks not to face Davina.
"All you need to know is that I beat you. Again" She says smirking at him.
"And yet, you relented. You need me, don't you?" Klaus says looking at her. Davina rolls her eyes and sighs as he smiles. "Did I really lose?" She walks away and I follow her upstairs. Kol follows as well. I sit in the lounge and see the pastries laid out. I give Kol one and then put the plate on my stomach. Kol gives me an amused look as Davina sits down.
"Davina" I say. She looks up at me.
"I'm sorry if you thought there was something going on with Kol and I" She says. I shake my head.
"You don't need to apologise. I should probably apologise to you though. I was rude earlier and I didn't need to be. You're trying to help me and my baby so I don't see why we can't be friends" I say. She smiles and I smile back at her.
"About that. I have a few ideas after this is over" She says and I nod.
"Thank you" I say. I lay my head on Kol's shoulder.
"You're welcome" She says.
"Quite nice of you, coming to my rescue like that!" Kol says.

"You know, it's a good thing you didn't steal the stake from me. Or I would have been the one torturing you" She says and I laugh at her.

"Does that mean you trust me, then?" Kol asks. Davina just smiles and gives him a look, which makes Kol chuckle. After a moment, Klaus walks in.

"Provided you're not busy concocting a new paralytic to use against me, I'd like a word with my brother and best friend" Klaus says to Davina. She rolls her eyes and stands up.

"Well, to be honest, I can't stand being around you anyway" She says. Davina leaves, and Klaus chuckles at her.

"For the record, I didn't know a bloody thing about Mother's plan for Cami, I swear" Kol says as Klaus turns to us.

"Well, I think I can judge for myself which of her schemes she would entrust to you, and which she would not" He says. He sits across from Kol in an armchair.  "I believe this was Finn's task"

"Where, pray tell, is he now?" Kol asks. Klaus just smiles.

"He's waiting uncomfortably for me to return and deliver his punishment. Pass the beignets, will you?" Klaus says turning to me. I shake my head.

"Don't mess with a pregnant girl and her food" I say putting another in my mouth.

"Easy tiger," Kol says. He takes the plate out of my hand and I glare at him.  "You know, it's only a matter of time before Mother gets bored of waiting for you to let us go" He hands Klaus the plate of pastries.

"Thank you," Klaus says. He raises his eyebrows at me in victory and I cross my arms over my stomach annoyed.

"Well, Finn, at least. I don't expect she'd care if I never came home" Kol says.

"A mother cares for her children. A monster does not. Once you accept she's the latter, you'll stop expecting the former. And, despite what you might think, Kol, I did mourn you both after your death. And, I did attempt to avenge you. I would do nothing less, because we are brothers. Always and forever" Klaus says. I smile at him and  Kol looks overwhelmed, he simply nods in understanding. Klaus' phone rings and he gets up. "Excuse me" He leaves and Kol turns to me.

"Think that Davina did more than knock him out" He says. I laugh at him.

"You know he loves you Kol. I know he doesn't show it in the best way but I've seen it" I say. He nods slowly.

"We will see, for now I just want to be with you and our baby" He says. He lifts me up and carries me to my room.