Project Knight Sentinel: Phase 0

Riley's POV [in the present]

  The first time I ever met Yn and his father was…I didn't know. It's hard to keep track of both human and furry time. The day I met them was the same day I received confirmation to conduct my pet project that I kept on suggesting to the bord of directors. I was overjoyed that I could finely start a combat training program for the children of the institution. I might sure to round up all the willing participants and lead them to the shooting range. As I marched the candidates out of their dormitories with some of the other security guards, Yn management to slip away towards his father's private Chambers.

  As head of security and the project, I took the responsibility of fetching him. As I ran after him he kept on yelling at me that something was wrong and he needed to see his dad. I never knew what he was talking about, and I never found out what he meant. All I knew was that I could get in a lot of trouble if I didn't catch him. Sadly just as I was about to get my hands on him I bummed into someone who came right around the corner.

  To my surprise it was Jenny. I wasn't aware that it was her in the first place, but my self-awareness caught up to me pretty quickly. We ended up on top of each other…well she was ontop of me while I was on the floor. I guess we switched places. Anyway I was a bit shaken up because…well she is the first Furry to ever exist. Not only that but she was one of the brightest mind of the furrie community. I was so nervous about the entire situation, but she handled it very well.

  And now that I think about it, she handled it too well. It's only long after that incident that I began to realize that she was up to something, but by then it was alright too late. But I'll get back to that later. As for what happened next was quite unsettling. As I said she handed everything well. She wasn't mad or angry or even a little upset. In fact she was smiling at me, but not the sort of smile like she was happy or glad or even amused. The look she had on her faces was of satisfaction, almost as if everything was coming together just like she planned. Though back then I thought she had a thing for me, so I didn't give it a second thought.

[in the past]

  "In a hurry now, aren't we?" she asked. I was so flustered that I couldn't say anything. And if I could I wouldn't be able to say anything in time.
  "Thanks Jenny! I owe you one!" Yn yelled from before he entered his father's room. Jenny was waved back at him before she looked back at me smiling.
  "Isn't he just the sweetest little guy?" she asked rhetorically.
  "Well his is a slippery little shit, I'll give him that. With a few years of physical training and some time is the virtual world simulators I have no doubt he'll be a formidable force to be reckoned with," I said as Jenny got off of me. She held out her hand and held me up.

"What do you mean? Why would he need any training? N.O.A.H. Is it's own independent country. If there is a war going on we aren't obligated to get involved as long as we stay neutral," she stated. I gave her a confused and worried look. "Oh please, I'm the highest ranking board member for the Furries. Do you really think that I wouldn't know about Project Knight Sentinel," she says, "But to be honest I'm not against it. I'm just not so sure Yn should be included. He is by all means this institutions most valuable source of research into transmutation.

"The unique mutation in his genetic code - which we can now say with absolute certainty that he has born with - was what gave birth to our species. It's not everyday a child is born with the genetic potential for the creation of a triple helix DNA structure." I scratched the back of my head a bit confused. I don't know much about all the sciency stuff sense I focused my studies mostly on war, battle strategies, and combat. "So can you tell me what it is you're going to do with Yn?" Jenny asked somewhat ominously. I shrugged off the feeling and I answered.

  "Well firstly we're taking advantage of the children's extended life spans, seeing as they live in a world where they are made to believe 4 years is actually 1. Thanks to this most of them are already considered College graduates from 13 to 15 based on their education.
"The reason why this is good is that they can spend more time training than studying in school like normal children. So there physical abilities are built up and perfected at a young age, ironically," I explained.

I felt so confident and good about discussing and explaining my pet project that actually turn into something big , especially with Jenny. For one she is a bord member herself, and to be honest she was kinda hot and almost every male furry in the institution has a crush on her. Anyway as I continued. "So for now we're going to start the candidates with lots of intense physical training and team building for their first H-year. The second will be spent to find out in which category of the military they are most skilled at wich helps us find out if they make good snipers, medics, leaders, bomb defusal, hackers and so on.

"If they aren't particularly talented then they are trained to become foot soldiers for the rest of the year and upcoming years. Those who have talent for a specific division are then trained to be the best of the best and are handpicked for Specific OPS. But like I said before we're planning on using the virtual reality simulators. Later on. Through them we can hone their skills much faster and more efficient. Soon they wouldn't just be in the perfect physical shape but their mind will be in a way programmed for battle. Thus turning them into human weapons. And out of all the candidates, I have a feeling Yn is going climb his way to the top. That kind doesn't know the meaning of defeat, retreat or surrender, unless he's using guerrilla warfare tactics and so on," I finely finished. Jenny looked at me with that same smile of satisfaction as before. Dose she have high expectations for Yn as well?

"Well, Riley. I wish you good luck. And I hope you get the results you're looking for," she says, "and remember. I raised the kid. If anything happens to him, I'm going to take it out on you." And just like that she walks off. For a moment I could swear that she meant that as a threat but it's hard to tell. Regardless I still need to get Yn. As I arrive at his father's room I saw the two of them having a moment. I thought it best to wait until the interrupted.

To be continued