CHAPTER 2: Happiness

It has been several months since we both ate together on the same table. Just the two of us. It sure is pretty normal for us to eat together. But usually, it would involve other people. Either accompanied by other friends or for a meeting purpose. But still, it is a 'business matter' when it comes to this guy. Our club actually has been assigned to conduct a video project at that time, and I asked him to lend me some club's fund to buy our necessities. However, it did not end up as simple as withdrawing money at the ATM. Somehow, it turns out to be our time together in the bookstore, buying all the tools and materials needed. The conversation we had still stuck in my mind though. I'm not certain for myself either, it just everything about him kind of unclear for me. Either it is a bitter, or sweet feeling, it all mixed up. A feeling that I couldn't understand. There is so much more to discover. Either this so-called feeling is true, is it just for fun, or perhaps it is just a way for me to come out as a reason to replace him with Jaromir.

It does hurt me sometimes, but I found myself crying and smiling whenever I remembered him. I cried over the sweet memories we had, but I smiled for the bitter ones. All of them were a lesson for me. A lesson not to put all of me, drowning with that affection of love. I remembered telling him that I wanted to have my lunch before going back to class and he was the one who asked me to eat together with him.

Harald: do you want to grab lunch?

Me: yes, I would like to have my lunch before going back to class.

Harald: would you like to have it with me then?

Me: sure, why not?

Tell me, just who in this world couldn't be happier if her crush asked her to have lunch together? It sure does give me a bunch of butterflies in my stomach. But I seemed not to feel sick of it at all. As we set our menu and sat at the chosen table, I was wondered why Harald didn't buy a drink and asked him about it after seeing him coming with a plate of rice and few of side dishes. What could you expect from this guy? He gave a weird answer of course. But it kind of makes him look cute for some reasons, or is it just me the one that is head over heal towards him? I don't know, but it sure looked like it.

Me: Where is your drink?

Harald: My drink? Oh, this soup is my drink.

Me: Heh, what are you? Here, take some of this chicken's skin. I'm not a fan of it actually.

Harald: oh, how generous of you. I've been wanting to ask you for that, but thanks anyway. You do know what I was thinking.

Me: I understand you so far. But not able to read your mind and heart yet.

It was just a joke that I gave to see his reaction. Somehow, I frequently give him only the chicken's skin, and he began to complain.

Harald: You keep on giving me the same thing...

He stopped in the middle of his complained as I gave him a part of my chicken's tight because I couldn't finish it. It's not actually because I couldn't, but I have to rush back to my class. Also, giving him a good impression of myself as well.

Harald: thanks

Me: I know you would ask for more. You just lucky because I couldn't finish it. But be careful, it's spicy.

Harald: really?

Me: just try it if you don't believe me then.

He did eat it, but suddenly he made a peculiar face. With that look on his face, I knew it was the sign that he can't handle the spice.

Me: stupid, I told you already didn't I? Here, have some drink.

Harald: It's okay. I can handle this. I don't drink someone else's. Especially ladies. Only my mother's if it counts.

Me: Heh, that ego of yours. Suit yourself!

But he did take my drink at the end. This young man always does things against his words. But, what is it this time with this guy? I just saw him struggling to get rid of the straw from my cup.

Me: Do you have to make such a simple task difficult? You can just drink with the straw.

Harald: I don't like sharing straws.

Me: Just drink it as you usually do. You're just too insecure with an indirect kiss, aren't you?

Harald: fine. What if I am? Does it have anything wrong with you?

Me: it's not me. It's just you are the problem here.

Harald: Have you finish yours? What about this one?

After he had his drink, he asked me while pointing at one of my remaining dishes, referring to the end of the chicken's drumstick that I couldn't eat. But he snatched it away from my plate before I could finish my sentence and ate it.

Me: yes, I'm done with mine. Wait, don't eat that!

Obviously, I'm stunned. Although I am not that type who covers too much of my attitude in front of him, because I'm not a 'ladylike' princess everyone thinks of. But that was out of my expectation. Even I, myself don't do that.

Harald: Sorry, I may not drink ladies' drink and not sharing straws with others. But I like to finish off my friend's foods.

Me: it's my leftover by the way... Fine, just do as you please.

Harald: aren't you surprised? Or perhaps, disgust with it?

Me: I do! A little bit. But, if it is your true colour, why should I get mad or feel offended?

Soon, our lunch ended and it was time to get back to our main purpose. Yes, that is what life is. You meet and get separated from each other. But in those short amount of time, do give you many things and feelings to experience.

Harald: so, what's next?

Me: I'm going straight to my class and I'm kind of late actually. What about you?

Harald; I'm heading to my room. Have no class at this hour.

Me: okay then, you already take all the things we bought right?

Harald: yes, it's all with me. Bye!

Me: Okay, bye! I'm going that way.

Harald: Sure, just go your way.

Me: why are you standing there anyway? Want to drop me at my class?

Harald: no, I'm not! See you later.

Me: yeah, right.

That was the first awkward goodbye for us, I guess. But in that awkwardness, it's also the first time I saw him fluttered and he does make me chuckled a bit. I did have a heavy heart to leave him at that time. For a moment, I became greedy. I want to spend more time together. I want him in my life forever.