CHAPTER 1: Charmed

As the moment stopped,
Our eyes were once stumbled on each other,
With your smile, I was charmed,
And my heart began its own rhythm.

At first...

I thought it was a joke,
A chiefly jar for my heart,
That I couldn't cover it with a cloak,
As if it won't be break apart.

As time passed...

You are the one that I spoke to the most,
You are the one that I believe in most,
You are the one that I hope for most.

Until one day...

I began to realize,
You are the one I want in my life.

...

Just like the other students, I enrolled myself in a club where the guy named Harald McKay, is the Second Vice President. It was on our first session as club members, as he walks from the corner of the room and stood in front of me as a speaker, I was charmed by him at first sight as if I was hit by a spell, and my heart refuses to leave him since then. I can lie with my words, but I can't lie with my heart. The first thing I remembered was he asked the audience generally about their year of birth before introducing himself. From there I know that we are in the same age. At first, I thought he was older, because never have I imagined for this to come. At least there is someone at my age although they have different gender and on a different year of study. This is due to the guys in my batch are all younger than me because they are from the University's foundation students.

After some times, we began to get closer. It may be because I was appointed as a trainee secretary. But between those times, there was an unforgettable memory of us. It was the first time we went out together. It can't be considered as a date because our main purpose is to find me a new laptop. It sure is an essential thing to have in this human world other than a smartphone. Maybe because I live here by myself, I feel that living expenses are very high. Luckily I was also given spending money from my parents.

It was at the time when I first realized that I have started to like him even more. That day, Harald taught me something new about the mortal world. About the new place I'm in as a University's student. He taught me how to buy a bus ticket at the kiosk, and eating at the fast-food restaurant called Subway for lunch. It sure does sounds weird, but that is the truth. I can be considered as a 'know nothing' about this world because of the state I'm in. Actually, I only went to the human world for a few times with my father before as I could remember.

Harald: Which do you prefer? Subway or Fuel Shack?

Me: Either both.

Harald: Are you used to eat this as a meal?

Me: I once had Fuel Shack with my father a long time ago. But I'm not actually sure about this.

Harald: So, what did you want to eat now?

Me: I don't know. I'll just tag along with whatever you're having.

The conversation became silence for a while. But then it broke the ice as I asked him another question.

Me: Do you want to try Fuel Shack then?

Harald: Sure, if you insist.

Then we went to the Fuel Shack kiosk and looked at the menu. My eyes were focused on the price there and I notice it was quite expensive and I tried to make sure if it is not a burden for him.

Me: Didn't you think it is quite expensive?

Harald: It sure does. Do you want to try Subway then?