PROLOGUE: Love

"Love"...

What is it actually?

You fight, yet you still hold on tight.

Either in your hand or in your heart.

"Love"...

What is it actually?

Is it something delightful?

Or something sorrowful?

"Love"...

What is it actually?

...

You might think, you understand "Love". But actually, you know nothing. You might think you get it. But actually, you missed it. You might think, you hold it. But actually, you drop it. That is "Love". An affection between you and other people. It might be your family, friends, or even your partner. In other words, it is someone you "Love". Up until now, I keep wondering, why is it so hard for me? I think I felt it. But why is it hard for me to show it? I keep going forward and backwards. Twisting my tongue and bite it with my wrong words. It just won't come out exactly like what I wanted to and it makes me regret it later. I keep wondering and wondering. About all those "whys". Yet, I'm the only one that is trap in my own world, that full of twists and turns. A world where only I can enter and express myself. A world where I can explore and understand more about myself.

In this so-called "world", everything is dreamingly beautiful. The sound of nature can be heard clearly. The birds lovely chirping, the breeze gently blowing, the greenery happily waving and the river slowly marching. It has such a relaxing and serene environment. The people there have human characteristics. But prettier, prettier than the fairies. Their eyes are shining like jewels, their sharp-edged ears fit with the long, silky hair. They are better known as the Elven, the most attractive magical creatures among all. Yet, deep down in the corner, somewhere in this world. There is where the darkness hiding and isolated themselves in their own cave. Lying down there, spreading countless evil spells, and haunt the others wellbeing. They are known as Violet Sapphire - the Kingdom of Shadow.

While others live in peace, they always there. Ready to destroy everything. Then, after a series of disturbing the peace, a war finally erupted between the mainland and the isolated ones. The mainland is represented by the Kingdom of Flame - Rubellite Tourmaline, a kingdom with the greatest power in the magical realm. With it, four other kingdoms are working together to ensure the security of their realm. These four kingdoms are The Kingdom of Ocean - Blue Zircon, The Kingdom of Breeze - Silver Pearl, The Kingdom of Land - Demantoid Garnet, and The Kingdom of Light - Imperial Topaz. Because of the war, everything had changed. The mainland loses and so the glorious and enchanted realm plunged into the valley of gloomy and despair.

As time passes by, I get to choose between these two tasks that I have to fulfil. Either working or learning in the human world. As I am in my early twentieth, I thought of it as my escape route. I couldn't bear the burden of living here anymore. It is nothing like before. Everything is a mess, physically and mentally. My mother is seriously ill as she is bedridden. My father seems as he doesn't care about a thing. But he still manages to carry out his responsibilities as a king of this Kingdom. My brothers kept blaming me, saying that I'm an ungrateful daughter. There's a time where I still managed to smile and laugh, but it lasted just for a while. Then, everything shattered into pieces. It just getting harder and harder day by day. I just couldn't take it anymore. Our relationship became more awkward since then. I was given a few days before setting on my journey and I chose to further my study in the human world. I guess, that the best decision that I have made. Although the price will get later. Rather than working, I got my price every month.