7: Tough Times

*PRESENT TENSE*

            “Dani!” Darcy squealed running into the house, with Liam right behind her. I along with everybody else chuckled. We all loved Dani, and whenever she came over, Darcy’s reaction was always the same.

            The rest of us started chatting randomly while we waited for those three to join us. Niall and Devon were telling us about their extravagant vacation in the Bahamas, and how they want to go back, but with all of us. I liked the idea. I mean, we’ve already been there, but we enjoyed it enough to want to go back.

            Eventually, almost twenty minutes later, Liam and Darcy came back, followed by Danielle, and Eleanor. I can’t even begin to think what took them so long.

            “El!” Louis yelled, clearly surprised by his wife’s appearance. He jumped out of his chair and ran over and picked her up in a bear hug. “What are you doing here?”

            She laughed. “Hi Louis, sweetie.” Her brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun, and she was wearing comfy clothes.

            “What the heck took you guys so long?” I exclaimed. Dani and Eleanor both pointed to Darcy, who looked at me guiltily. I laughed. Of course it was her.

            “Darc wanted to show us her new clothes and shoes!” Eleanor explained, smiling.

            “You know very well that we can’t deny Darcie!” Danielle chimed in. “Especially when it involves fashion!” I shook my head, getting up and giving them a greeting hug.

            “How’ve you been? I haven’t seen you in ages!” I joked.

            “Whatever! You saw us last night!” Eleanor laughed, as she made her way over to Louis, and sitting with him; Danielle doing the same with Liam.

            “I’ll be right back.” I informed everyone. “I need a drink.” I walked inside the house to the kitchen, making my way to the sink. The sink had a window on it that faced the deck, so I looked out there, and smiled to myself. My life really was good.

            I gasped in surprise as arms slipped around my waist. I smiled up at my gorgeous husband. “What are you doing?” I asked him.

            “Sneaking some alone time with my wife.” He replied cheekily. I smiled and he leaned down and kissed me lightly on the lips.

I turned around so that I was facing him completely, his arms still around my waist. I brushed a hand through his hair in awe. “I can’t believe you still have a full head of hair!” It really shocked me how fresh and young, so to speak, Harry’s hair is. It still has the natural curls that he had when we were teenagers, and the same chocolaty brown color.

He smirked. “I was born to be irresistible!” I shook my head and hugged myself to him. “I love you.” He sighed into my hair.

I smiled. “I love you more.”

“I highly doubt that.” He grinned, pulling back so we were looking at each other.

I didn’t bother arguing. He always won these wars. Instead, I just leaned up and met him halfway in a kiss. “We should probably go back out there.” I reluctantly sighed. I loved having these moments with Harry.

He looked out the window and then back at me with a smirk on his face. “Or we could go upstairs.” He said, making his eyebrows dance suggestively.

I giggled and slapped his chest. “Come on.” We walked back out to the patio and took our seats.

“’Bout time!” Liam said.