3: More Questions Than Answers

Luckily for Ashley, the drive into town isn't a particularly long one. After her latest growth spurt, her seat is feeling even more cramped than it did when she first climbed in. She had decided to lean her seat back to keep her head from hitting the roof of the vehicle. Her knees are still pressed up against the dashboard because she is unable to push her seat back any farther. For now, all she can do is to grin and bear it until she and Detective Gabriel get some much-needed answers about the Jewelry box which is the source of her unusually tall stature.

Gabriel looks over at his passenger, who is grooving to the music which is playing on the radio. She still looks uncomfortable due to being crammed into what is considered a small space for her, but the music seems to be enough of a distraction to keep her mind off of her situation. He even finds himself drumming his fingers to the music. Reggae may not be his favorite genre of music, but there is no denying that it is catchy.

Finding himself stopped at a red light, he looks over at Ashley once more. He finds her to be quite beautiful, even if she is, what he is estimating to be, over eight feet tall. He knows that they are only heading for the antique shop to get some answers about the mysterious jewelry box, but with him driving what most consider to be a family vehicle he feels as though they are together as a couple.

Looking out Ashley's window, he can see that someone who is walking along the sidewalk has stopped to gawk at his super-sized passenger. It is obvious that they have never seen anyone as big as Ashley. As far as they are concerned she is the tallest woman to exist. Their eyes are trailing up and down her long body, what they can see anyway. When the light turns green, Gabriel pulls away, heading down the road and heading closer to their destination.

Luckily their destination isn't that much farther, the only inconveniences being the occasional stop sign. Technically Gabriel could run them, he is on a case after all. But with no lights nor a siren to use he has no means of alerting others of this. Such a decision could put the safety of others at risk.

Arriving at their destination, Gabriel pulls into an open parking spot in front of the store. "Here we are," he says as he looks at the storefront. There are two large windows, displaying a variety of antiques, nicely displayed on tables and desks that look to be just as old. Items such as those are displayed in an effort to sell them. Some are at a good price where the owner could make a decent profit off of a sale, others have just been there too long and need to be moved.

Ashley is struggling to open her door, her arm is so long that her hand is overreaching the handle. She can only contort her body so much to open it. She has been crammed inside this vehicle for longer than she would have liked, her last growth spurt doing nothing to make her trip more comfortable. Gabriel is looking at her attempts as he is undoing his seatbelt. "Want me to open the door for you?"

"Please?" Ashley watches as Gabriel gets out from his seat and walks around the front of the vehicle. She feels that he is being a gentleman by doing this for her, though she knows that he only offered to do this because she is unable to do it herself. When the door is open, she quickly and eagerly swings her legs out, which are feeling the most cramped out of any part of her. She can feel the warm asphalt beneath her feet as she begins to slowly exit her vehicle, grateful that she no longer needs to endure that small space. Standing at her full height, she gets a good stretch in. Extending her arms upwards as she starts to stretch every muscle in her body.

Gabriel is watching as the incredibly tall woman is stretching before him, her reach coming close to the roof of the single-story building that they have parked in front of. This is the first time he has seen her stand at her full height after her last growth spurt, her hips are almost level with his chin.