A Promise(SFW)

This is taking place during original Naruto show after they came back from the land of the waves.

Konoha's favorite trio group 7 laid on the floor surrounded by dense forest. Kakashi sensei had trained them to the bone. Everything on their bodies hurt. No one could move so all they could do was lay there defenselessly. Sakura let out a relatable groan.
"Guys shouldn't we head back."

"Sakura I would move if I could but I can't." Naruto said tiredly. Sasuke let out a groan agreeing with Naruto. "You should get home, Sakura. Your parents are probably worried."

"Yea I should probably get going."Sakura slowly got up and her legs were shaking. As the boys watched as she walked farther away from their view. Sasuke became slightly more conscious of the boy next to him. Naruto's eyes fluttered as he tried to keep himself awake. Sasuke watched as the boy fell asleep. Sasuke reaches out his hand. He stroked Naruto's cheek lightly as he felt his face heating up.

For some reason, Naruto's presence dulled some of the pain Sasuke was feeling. Sasuke moved his body closer to Naruto's. He could feel the blond's breath on his face. His face felt hotter and his stomach was churning. Why? He stared at Naruto as he peacefully slept. At this point, their noses were touching. Sasuke felt Naruto grab his hips and pull him closer. At that moment he forgot how to breathe. He looked at Naruto's face and he was still sleeping. Thank goodness.

He let out a big breath. He lifted his hand again to touch Naruto's face. Tracing over the three lines on his cheek.
"You're too good for me, I know that."

"..."

"But why when you flash that stupid grin my heart stops."

"..."

"I know you can't hear me and so I'm talking to myself but. I want to be by your side. I want to hold you and..kiss you as nobody else can. But you want Sakura and I'll never be her." Sasuke breathed heavily, touching his forehead to Naruto's. He snuggled closer to the boy knowing this was the only time he'd ever get something like this. He fell asleep as the night fell upon them.

Once Naruto knew he was sleeping. He smiled to himself. "I knew you were soft teme." Naruto whispered, chuckling. He pressed his lips against the others. Before kissing his forehead and whispering into the pale skin."I'll stay by your side. I'll follow you anywhere."

"..."

"I promise."