Chapter 6: Anthros to Human

The airstream portal is like nothing I had ever seen before. The entrance way is about 15 feet in circumference, and two feet off the ground. The center is a milky blue-gray mixed with dashes of silver and forest green. It continually swirls in the center, like someone was mixing it with a ginormous whisk.

"Alright ladies! Each of you must get this injected to your right arm." General Ian points at the blood red serum he was holding."Treize first. Also, you know that guy you are going to murder for us? His name is Tytus Matthews."

General Ian was with a man I believe called Mr. Sowing, who was a famous scientist on Min.

Treize bravely strode over and rolled up her shirt sleeve. Mr. Sowing quietly cleaned the underside of her forearm and slowly let the needle sink into her skin. The red liquid disappeared from the tube. I held by breath, but nothing happened for at least 45 seconds. Then suddenly, Treize's ears started sinking into her scalp, and the place where ears should be sprouted two brand new human ears from the sides of her head. It looked like it hurt. A lot. I was glad she remembered to take her earrings out. Her tail disappeared, an her feline pupils closed to a round circle. Her legs morphed into human feet and calves. It was breath taking.

I stumble backwards. "Are my wings going to do that?" I whimper. The general grins crazily and nods. "Only the best serums by our finest scientists are able to cook up something like that."

"Did it hurt?" I beg Treize.

"No... not really. It shocked me to the bone though,' she shrugs. "You'll be fine."

"Elaira, I have a gray serum for you. Open up your arm please!"

I took as much time as I possibly could to turn over my arm. Ian looked annoyed. "Hurry up." Mr. Sowing does not have a lot a time, I presume. Mr. Sowing ignored him. My arm was finally up, and Mr. Sowing's cold stringy fingers started to clean it. The needle went in, and so did the serum. Seconds passed. Minutes. I was worried it wouldn't work and there would be mishap, like I die. Abruptly my heart rate started to rise. My stomach churned, and I felt a pain in the middle of back. My wings were straightened out and were entering my body.

I am going to die. Good-bye doughnuts, I'll miss you dearly.

My wind markings faded into my skin like sinking pigment in water. I could feel my breakfast wanting to make a second appearance. I shut my eyes and waited. And waited. My back felt so incredibly odd, like someone was digging into it with a comb. A really sharp comb. With spikes that were six feet long.

It all stopped.

"Elaira?"

"Go away."

"We are not going anywhere..."

"Go away."

Treize sighed.

"You didn't go away."

"Elaira!"

A open one of my eyes. Then two.

"Holy Cree, my wings are gone! Ahh! This is not good. Nope, Elaira does not like this. Nope. Noope."

"Shut up Elaira, we are leaving Min in thirteen minutes."

"Okay."

General Ian just stared, and Mr. Sowing must of left in my little panic attack.

"Isn't he supposed to wait for side effects or something?"

"No, he has it all under control," stated the general. "He's done this once or twice before."

Well, that's reassuring.

"Alright! Here's your bags. One for each of you. Treize has the gray and red serum. Take a dose once a week. If someone sees you, tell them you are on drugs or something."

Treize shakes her head uncertainly.

"When do we come back?"

"When he is dead. We will open up the portal when you tap the portal site three times, when you are turned back to an anthros."

Treize asked, "Where exactly is this portal site?"

"At the silver park statue on the far edge of the school's woods."

I nervously twitch my left arm. Okay... well this is what I get for storing my wings inside my guts.

"One more thing. If either of you betray us, we corral you back to Min immediately. In a coffin.