One

Year 1

The Philosophers Stone

I was reading a book about my family's history, since I knew so little about it. The Moonlights were all part of the family of Merlin. I heard my dad calling me from downstairs which snapped me out of my thoughts. I felt a pit in my stomach growing in nervousness since I got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts earlier this week. I had walked down the grand staircase and slipped on my black leather ankle boots.

"Ready to go to Diagon Alley? Remember sweetheart, money is never an issue when it means you get the best alright? Your mom has been out shopping with one of her friends so she will be meeting us at King's Cross." My father says in a cheery voice. I nod my head quickly and slip on my coat. I take my father's arm and we apparated to Diagon Alley. A smile grew on my face as I looked around at everyone. People immediately started bowing to us, which I was used to. I managed to slip through the mob of witches and wizards that were crowding us and went to get my very first wand at Ollivanders. It was a requirement but I knew I could do extremely powerful magic without a wand. Nobody had ever been like me and it was scary since I knew so little about what I could do. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and I looked up smiling at my dad. A few hours go by and I've gotten all my Hogwarts school supplies.

My mom met my dad and I at the train station. I was a bit nervous since it's my first time having to walk through the wall but when I did it, it felt amazing. When I was on the other side, I got a few looks from people but I don't think anyone recognized me. I gave both my parents hugs and took my cart with my owl, supplies, and luggage, giving it to some tall guy in a fancy uniform. I boarded the train and sat down in an almost empty area. I waved goodbye to my parents and the train left. I saw two boys in front of me. One of them looked way too familiar so I introduced myself.

"Hello, my name is Y/N, Y/N Moonlight. What is your name?"

"Hi I'm Harry. Harry Potter." He politely says.

"Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter!" a girl exclaimed, standing in the doorway. I looked over to her and saw her curly dirty blonde hair with bangs. "And you're a Moonlight!" she looked at me then to the red-haired boy next to Harry. "I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?"

"I'm Ron Weasley." he said proudly. She nodded and sat herself down next to me.

"It's great to meet a Moonlight! You all should change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon." and with that she walked out the door. I slip my robe on and looked outside the window seeing a beautiful area filled with light and plants.

"Right then. First years, this way, please!" a tall man with a black beard and long hair shouted. Everyone, including Hermione and I, walked out of the train and stood next to each other behind Harry and Ron. We walked over to boats and we all helped each other get on. The boats then floated over to this beautiful castle.

Hogwarts.

Hermione and I shared an excited look as the boats came to a harsh stop. We all walked inside and went up several staircases until we saw a old witch standing at the top of the last staircase. We all gathered around her on the stairs and she finally spoke up.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. In a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates." she began, pointing at the large doors behind her. "But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. While you're here, your house will be like your family." she went on to talk about house points and the house cup but she was interrupted by a boy I knew of as Neville.

"Trevor!" he shouts as he sees his toad. People started to snicker to each other, including Hermione and me. "Sorry." he mumbles as he picks it up and goes back to his original standing spot.