Epilogue

"I'm ho-ome!" Sakura slammed the door shut with her foot, then deposited the plastic bags with the take-out on the side table to shrug out of her jacket and put on some slippers.

"Ohhhh, mommy is finally back from work," she heard Kakashi coo in the living room, "and she brought us yummy food for lunch. Aren't we lucky? I'll continue reading to you later, okay?"

Smiling in anticipation, Sakura walked in, finding her two men slouching on the couch, one happily pedalling on the other's belly.

Kakashi lowered the book he was holding and smiled at her.

Huh?!

"Are you reading him an Icha Icha book?!" Sakura almost dropped the food in shocked outrage.

Kakashi blinked with an air of complete innocence and turned the book around to look at its colorful cover. "Hmmmm yes, why not? It's very educational."

"Kakashi, it's smut. Haru is only four months old!" she rushed to the couch to rescue her son. Gurgling happily, Haru grabbed a lock of her hair and pulled at it. Hard. Resolutely, she removed the hair from his little fist and planted a wet kiss on his cheek. He smelled so nice. Like everything wholesome.

"Never too early to learn the important stuff," Kakashi said and sat up. "How was your day?"

"Exhausting," she sighed and flopped down next to him, her son in her arms. There was so much to do at the hospital, she sometimes thought she would simply drop dead from stress. People from far away came to Konoha to be treated - the hospital had become the biggest source of income for the village. She was very proud to be of so much help to the Hokage, who had his hands more than full with managing the various alliances they had to ensure the peace of the lands.

"What can we do, you're just too popular," he smiled proudly and leaned over to kiss her. Mhhhh, his lips were so soft and tender. Her tension melted away under his caress and she kissed him back with fervor.

"Stop," he sounded a little breathless as he pulled away. "Haru is watching."

Which was true. Their son studied their faces with grave intensity and as if he were expecting something even more exciting to happen soon.

"I told you you shouldn't have read him Icha Icha books!" Sakura squealed, horrified.

"Good boy, so tiny and already so smart," Kakashi smiled and patted his son's almost completely hairless head with great affection.

Haru giggled and extended his pudgy arms in Kakashi's direction.

"Yes, come to daddy," Kakashi cooed and took him from Sakura's arms, bouncing him up and down until their son squealed in pleasure.

"And your day?" Sakura said, smiling fondly at the two, "how has it been so far?"

"We had to change nappies three times," he recounted, "and we drank two big bottles of mommy milk. Hardly any crying. Pakkun and Bull visited. When Haru pulled Pakkun's ears, he endured it graciously."

"Sounds like fun," she chuckled.

"But I missed you," Kakashi dropped his voice low as their eyes locked. "If only you didn't have to work on Sundays."

"Missed missed me?" she asked slowly.

"Oh yes," he said, sounding breathless. "Missed missed missed you."

Not too long ago, Kakashi had vowed he would make love to her at least once a day. He wasn't able to keep that promise, they both were too damn busy with life, their jobs and a baby, but he tried valiantly and with great eagerness to make up for it whenever they had a chance. With her strange shifts and his long hours, it had been a while.