Lonesome Town

tags: tw- heavy implications of r*pe, internalized homophobia, character death, erm if you know the song you can listen to it cause that's what i listened to while writing

description: n/a
——————————

Rain trickled down his face, as the moonlight illuminated his skin. He clenched the bouquet of flowers in his right hand, a letter in his left as tears streamed down his cheeks.

He limped down the street, holding his head down in shame.

He wiped his lip with his sleeve, the metallic taste of blood still lingering in his mouth.

The moon and the stars laughed down on him, ridiculing him.

'You're a boy. Not in a hundred years'

Ban winced as he sat down at the bus stop, shivering.

He shakily sat his letter on the bench, tears and rain dripping from his lashes.

He raised his left hand to wipe in between his thighs. His tattered shorts, ripped with grass stains.

He grimaced, wiping his hand on the bench almost desperately.

In disgust.

He was disgusted with himself. He was disgusting.

He dropped the flowers on the bench also, using the back of his hands to wipe aggressively at his face. His dirtied skin.

He choked out a cry, lacing his hands in his hair. He looked down at his letter, ripping it open angrily. He scoffed as his eyes scanned the paper.

Dear Meliodas,

I truly feel we share something magical. Do you feel it too? I would like to be with you. Would you like to be with me too? I sure hope so. I know it's frowned upon, and we may even be harmed, but I'd protect you with my life if need be. I am in love with you, no matter what anyone says. I hope you feel the same.

Ban

"Stupid."

————————-
Ban screamed out in pain as his head was smashed to the ground.

"Look here guys. This weirdo that calls himself liking boys came here trying to holler at my little brother."  A voice said, as they spit a toothpick in Ban's hair.

Laughter was all the boy heard. Bitter, bitter, laughter.

Meliodas looked around, biting his nail.  "Brother.."

Heads snapped back at him. He couldn't dare be taken down with Ban. It was ridiculous. A big misunderstanding. A mistake. That's all it was. Ban had it coming. He knew the consequences for what he did. Because liking another boy counted as doing...something?

That same boy grabbed Ban's shirt, tearing it open.

"How about we give em' a conversion camp of his own, eh boys? Free of charge."

Snickering, chuckling. Snickering, chuckling. Snickering, chuckling.

Please just shut the hell up.

Ban's eyes widened, as he tried to cover up his chest.

"Please don't."

The shorts. His shorts next. They were next and he knew it.

"Shut up and get what's coming to you! You deserve it, trying to hit on my innocent little brother. You beast!"

Ban clenched his eyes shut, followed by his teeth.

Red. He could only see red. Not black, not darkness. Not emptiness. He saw red.

Meliodas looked away, fixing his hair and walking towards the house. "Not so fast. You're gonna watch. It'll make em' even more embarrassed. Being punished in front on his lil' old crush. Pathetic right?" One of the friends said, looking to Meliodas's brother in confirmation.

Friends. Friends.

Friends.

Meliodas stepped back, straight into someone's chest. He looked up hesitantly. "What? It's just a little joke. You're not going anywhere until this weirdo is practically crawling home." He said, pushing Meliodas forward.

Friends.

It'll only be a couple seconds. Minutes at most. Then he can forget all of this. Then he can apologize to Ban. No, he doesn't need to apologize. Hitting on a straight man was crude. A straight man. Minutes. Hours. 3 hours. 4 hours. 4 and a half hours.

Meliodas gagged, a single tear falling from his eye as he collapsed onto his knees in the comfort of his room.

"I-I'm sorry."
————————

Ban stood up, grabbing his flowers and smiling up at the sky.

"Jokes on them. That conversion camp didn't do a damned thing." He said, chuckling dryly.

"Not a damned thing." He dropped the bouquet, falling face first into the concrete.

Those dreams he bought didn't last a year like everyone said. An unfair deal, especially when the price was a heart full of tears. So now that his time's run out, he can travel on to lonesome town and finally learn to forget.

a/n
i totally didn't write this while looking at a picture of my old bestfriend who i had a major crush on. jeez what made you think that🙈

but this was 785 words👉🏽👈🏽🖤