When I Met You

The twins arrived at the school later in the afternoon and unpacked their things and decorated their rooms. Once nightfall came the Teuta and Alec said goodnight went to their separate rooms. This was Tueta's first night without Anna tucking her in and she still decided to pray without her by her side.

Teuta

    (Smells air and smiles) Dear God I know I pray this prayer every night. I also know you hear me each time. It's my first night at school and I don't have my mark yet. I don't know what the future holds for me but I'm ready for anything.

First day in class

Mr. Barnes

    Alright, class, we will be introducing ourselves today. When introducing yourself you will state your name, country, and mark.

Teuta always knew this day would come when she had to tell that she had no mark. Primped and prepared her mother would tell her, now she is finally ready, to tell the truth, and shockingly enough she isn't nervous about it.

Alec

    I'll go first! My name is Alec, I'm from the Vera Dynasty and my mark says I'll be king.

Mr.Barnes

    I've heard fantastic things about Vera. Alec, don't you have a sister?

Alec

    Yes, my twin. (Points to Teuta) That's her.

Mr.Barnes

    Well then miss why don't you introduce yourself.

Teuta

    (Coughs) Okay um, I'm Teuta from the Vera Dynasty and I don't have my mark.

The class gasped as they heard the shocking news. Almost every royal get their mark by the age of three. The girls laughed and moved their chairs and the boys started to make jokes as the young Princess told her shocking revelation about her mark.

Mr. Barnes

    (Shouts) Now settle down in class. Teuta is actually quite lucky. You can explore all the options. Don't worry your mark will come.

Teuta

    (Smiles) That's what my mother says.

Mr. Barnes

    (Nods) Everyone make sure to go to the game and tomorrow we will study ancient letters and numbers.

The first class was over but the day was far from it. All seemed good until Teuta left her last class of the day to see her brother was friends with an enemy she wasn't even aware she had made.

Matthew

    (Laughs) Well isn't this funny. The girl who never got her mark is all alone.

James

    (Step in front of Teuta) Why don't you sit down and tell us all about your purpose? Oh, wait you can't. (Laughs)

Teuta

    Can you please leave me alone. (Sees Alec) Brother, can you tell your friends to leave me be.

Matthew

    Ah, my overly polite friend. Don't tell me you're going to defend this aucun but.

Alec

    Now, why would I do such a thing?

James