2nd Street(Part2)

As he steps out the front door closing it behind him, cops and paramedics are running to someone laying in the street. People are beginning to crowd. The typical nosey crowd knowing they don't care for that person's well-being.

"SAY COREY!" A anonymous but familiar voice screams out the crowd.

Corey: "Hey man, watsup" he says as he daps Lorenzo up

Lorenzo standing at 5'8, athletic build, all-star running back at their school. A senior and two years older than Corey. Corey looks up to Lorenzo as a older brother he never had.

Lorenzo: "Where you heading son?" He says while jogging towards Corey.

Corey: "You already know, heading to the store for moms" he says with a frustrated look on his face.

Lorenzo: "What's wrong man?" As he catches the anger in Corey's eye.

Corey: "Just tired of this damn neighborhood bro!" "Like what the hell does it takes for someone to leave this shit hole we call home!"

Lorenzo: "I feel you son." He says nodding his head in agreement

So as the boys started towards the store Lorenzo eyes are glued to the ground. He's worried about his upcoming game on whether will he play well enough to please every one. Out of no where he see a $50 bill fly on the pavement in front of him.

Lorenzo: "Damn I just got me some snack money son!" Saying excitingly.

Corey: "You serious?!" "Dude you and this luck." "This happens every time."

Lorenzo: laughing out loud "Man you know I got you, 50/50 split."

Corey: "Respected bro!"

As the boys turn the corner a group of men are leaning against the wall. They eye the boys as they pass and stops them just a mere footstep from them passing them by.

Chris: "Watsup youngins" he says with a grin.

Corey & Lorenzo: "Sup man"

The boys knew these dudes was trouble and tried to ease away from them slowly. With Corey stating, "I have to run this errand for my mom so I can't talk."

Chris: "Man when you gone stop being a momma's boy and come sling this rock for me?!" He says with a evil look on his face.

Lorenzo: "Man Chris leave him alone with that shit!" "He good!" He says pissed off.

Chris: "Was I talking to your bitch ass?!" Says balling up his fist. "Think cause your ass all-star......"

Corey cuts him off "Man chill!" "Lorenzo let's go!" Saying in a angry tone.

Corey pulls Lorenzo by the arm. He pushes Lorenzo away from the corner to the other side of the street to the store door.

Chris scream, "BITCH ASS NIGGA!" turning back to his crew. "Fuck wrong with that nigga standing up to me!" "Like I'm not known in these streets!"

The boys enter the store. Corey reaches in his pocket for the list his mom gave him.

Corey: "Say bro go get the bread and three cans of tuna." He says walking down the other aisle.

Lorenzo: "Ok son." Saying as he walk to the can goods.

Corey: "Make sure its in water." Saying fast to make sure Lorenzo pick up the right kind.

Lorenzo: "I know what moms like man." Saying with a grin on his face.

Corey: "Don't play with my mom dude" he says laughing.

The boys finish shopping and head back home. Walking home in silence. Both of their minds clouded with things and curiosity.