6th Street(Part6)

Later that Sunday evening as the clock struck 5:00.

The boys were walking through the Desire projects meeting up with the two dudes Lorenzo had spoke on early this morning. One of the boys who go by the name Lee was standing 6'1 with athletic body tone, mellow look on his face, posture up right, black sweats, and a white T under his black hoody that reeked with the smell of kush. The other boy who go by the name Rico standing 5'8, slim body tone, with a mean look on his face, wearing black dickies and a black hoodie with no under shirt.

As they hit the corner a old school dodge challenger passes the boys bumping The Block Is Hot by Lil Wayne. Corey nods his head to the music as Lorenzo spots the dudes standing in between two abandon houses.

Lorenzo: "YO!" Yelling as he walks toward the boys.

Rico and Lee: "Watsup son!" They both say as walking towards Lorenzo.

Lorenzo: "Say Rico and Lee this my bro Corey who I told yall boys about yesterday." He says while all the boys are shaking hands.

Corey: "So watsup with this? I mean this crew shit!" He says looking in Lorenzo direction.

Rico: "I'm saying he came at us asking if we was down to take over these streets as his brother once did!" He says hitting Corey on the arm to get his attention.

Corey looks at Rico with a discrete look on his face, wondering why the hell is Renz associating hisself with this foolishness. He thinks to hisself constantly asking what is Renz intentions.

Lorenzo speaks interrupting Corey train of thought, "Man I'm saying its better we be prepared than get caught sleeping out here."

Corey: "I feel where you coming from bro, but honestly I don't think this in me." He says as he dazed into the night sky. Putting his hands on his head taking in a deep breath.

Lee: "I don't really know you son besides seeing you around school, but if you cool with my dude Renz I got your back whether you down or not!" He says in a deep tone with a serious look on his face.

Corey looks Lee and grins. Hearing him say that made Corey feel as if he was something more than a nobody, as if he actually had finally come to realize that he's not just Lorenzo shadow. He felt as if he had a purpose to be by his bestfriend/bro no matter what.

So Corey swung his hands to his side and said, "Fuck it! Why not!" While he dap off Lee.

(A few hours pass by)

The boys stood there talking for a while as Lee noticed a all black candy paint suburban pull up in the street. The windows were tinted to 100% black so you couldn't see not a soul inside, the rims shined from the moon light, as the light sparked off the paint, and the truck lights shut off.

Lee: "Say isn't that Chris right hand man car?!" He says pulling on Renz shirt.

Before Lorenzo could look back, the back passenger window began going down. Corey noticed a barrel being stuck out the window and pulls Renz towards the back of the house.

Lee yells, "RUNNN! " As he jumps up from the porch where he was sitting.

The rounds begin to spit out the barrel hitting everything in their path. The boys break out running towards the alley behind the houses where they jump the fence that's standing five feet high. As a bullet hits one of the boys as he is trying to jump the fence.

Lee: "Hurry the fuck up yall!" He says running through the alley.

Corey: "Rico go man shit! Speed the fuck up!" He yells pushing Rico out his way from running to slow.

(The truck sped off)

Rico: "Fuck man! Don't leave me!" He yells looking behind him to see if their being followed.

Lorenzo running pass Corey, "Bro come the fuck on!" His body pumping with adrenaline from being grazed by a bullet.

The boys run to Corey house, and with his parents still being at church they would have a place to lay low. As the boys reach Corey porch they spot headlights down the street.

Lorenzo: "Co hurry and open the damn door!" He yells pushing the boys on the porch.

Corey opens the door as the boys ran through the door in a hurry to dodge being spotted by the head beams of the truck. Corey slams the door and runs to the window. He pulls one of the blinds back to peep for the truck and as he sees lights he ducks back from the window.

Lorenzo: "Shit that was close!" He says standing in the hall looking at the boys.

Rico: "Man that boy Chris want yall dead son." He says as he sits on the couch.

Lee: "What the fuck Renz you got hit?!" He says running towards Lorenzo.

Rico and Corey jumps up as Corey yells, "Where the fuck at?!"

(They ran towards Lorenzo)

Lee: "The back of his head bleeding!" He says pulling Corey to see.

Corey: "Man we have to go to the hos..."

Lorenzo cuts him off, "Fuck a hospital man I'm good its just a lil scar!" He says pushing them back. "Just get me some alcohol and a towel bro!"

Corey runs down the hall to the bathroom to grab a towel and some alcohol from the cabinet below the sink. He pushing all the bottles in the cabinet down til he reaches the alcohol to the far back.

Lorenzo yells, "HURRY UP BRO!"

His voice echoes down the hallway as Corey runs back to Lorenzo, handing him the alcohol. As he pours the alcohol on his head he screams, "FUCK!!!!!" Corey slaps the towel onto his neck to catch the alcohol from spilling on the floor. Lorenzo drops the empty bottle to the floor grabbing the towel off his neck placing it on the open wound.

As Lorenzo holds the towel to his wound the boys walk to Corey's room. The boys enter as Corey locks the door behind him so his parents don't bust in when they arrive home.