. t w o .

"i don't know mom. i just got here, i was out with johnny remember? this must've been placed after i got in the house."

"ahh, that's why i told you to put cameras around the property, you idiot."

the baby was lying quietly and sleeping peacefully as the family continuously argue. jaehyun called his parents as he got the baby from outside. whoever did this is completely heartless. he thought.

"did you fool around with anyone before, jaehyun? even someone you don't even remember." his dad spoke.

"countless, dad. but i use protection all the time. this can be just one of those people who gets pregnant and leave to rich people for custody. this can't be mine." jaehyun spoke as he paced around the room. clearly, his parents were getting dizzier and dizzier watching him.

"well, he does have your nose, but who knows? oh, that rhymed." his dad snickered and quickly earned a glare from the son himself.

"sit down, stupid. i'm getting tired of you. there's a letter, read it." his mom said and gently grabbed the piece of paper from the baby's tiny hands.

jaehyun picked up the paper harshly from his mother's hands and opened it.

"jaehyun, im sorry. i can't take care of this child. our child. i have a family who hates me to the bones and im just starting to make it up to them. having this child will not make that happen. i couldn't tell you because i know you'd be mad. you'd be mad at me, but i figured you can't be mad at the baby. this is your baby, i know it. have a dna test to confirm it's yours if you please. everything can fall into places once you have that test, you can even find me. but i beg you, don't come find me. i mean it. please don't."

it read. jaehyun caught up his breath down his throat. his brain was buffering and he wasn't sure how he would feel by now. the paper crumbled in his hands and he felt frustrated. he looked at the baby and his heart clenched.

but i was just about to confess to taeyong. he thought. 

it's been two days and jaehyun was scheduled for the test in the afternoon. he hasn't told anyone about the child, it was between him and his family around the house. he didn't want to know how his friends would react but he was sure he couldn't tell them now.

ahh ten would be pissed. he thought. somehow it lightened up the mood. how would ten react? he'll totally kill me.

a knock was heard that broke his train of thoughts. he turned to look and it was jungwoo.

"sir jung, your mom is here to pick you up."

his mother entered the room and sat down the couch. "thank you, secretary kim. you may leave."

he stood up and got himself ready to leave with his mother. "the baby's waiting in the car. how are you holding up?" she said. her eyes travelled to her son, watching how he moves and how his emotions portray himself. clearly, he was exhausted with all that's happening. 

"i'm okay mom." he said ever so timidly.

"no you're not."

"no i'm not." he sighed and sat back down. his mom stood up to walk over to her son. she placed her hand soothingly down the man's back.

"you shouldn't worry too much. the test will tell us what's real."

they went out the building and into the car his mother had. all the way to the hospital, jaehyun could feel his own heartbeat. it was like his heart was coming out of his chest.

as they arrived, the door was opened and they quickly got out along with the baby held by one of their maids. his mother clung her arm around his son's and it somewhat calmed him down. he took a deep breath before entering the glass doors.

they were directed to the doctor's office and waited patiently. for jaehyun, it seemed like forever when in fact it was only 2 minutes passed since they got there.

"good afternoon, mrs. jung. ahh jaehyun, long time no see."

"what took you so long, taeil-ah?"

dr. moon taeil and jaehyun go way back. taeil was the only doctor jaehyun came to. most likely because they're friends and taeil knows jaehyun's medical history all through out. even thought taeil wasn't specialized in other things, jaehyun still came to him for assurance.

"chill out, jae. what are you so grumpy about?" taeil rolled his eyes at the man and sat down his chair.

"let's just do the damn test. i have a lot to do back in the office."

his mother and the maid waited outside the office so they could talk.

"it must've been recently, a whole 9 or 10 months per se? this baby looks like it's just been born. jaehyun, are you sure you don't remember?" said the doctor. he kept on cooing at how cute the baby placed on the soft cushions.

"i really don't. i wear condoms all the time, even if i'm drunk. i just can't get my mind wrapped around the fact that i got someone pregnant." for god-knows-how many times this day now, he let out another sigh.

"but wow, what if the results come out positive? you're really going to be a dad now."

"you're not helping with my headache, taeil." he said as he rubbed on his temples.

"are you definitely sure this is not yours? i mean he's got your nose."

"yeah, i guess he does. dad told me that too." the expressions on jaehyun's face became indistinct. he stared at the baby and it was no secret he was captivated too.

"we can do an autosomal to find out the other half of his dna—"

"no, don't. it was said in the letter that he or she didn't want to be found. i wanna respect that, and i'm not sure if i even wanna know too."