. n i n e .

"dad, should we order in for dinner later?"

jaehyun have been stuck with his dad in america for almost 3 weeks now. a few more days and he can go see his son and secretary. it's like going home to his family. but taeyong wasn't his husband, he was his secretary and secretary only.

he was getting excited nonetheless. he lived to the thought he assumed even if none of it was true. he still couldn't bring himself to confess to the boy.

"i'll order in dinner but let's have snacks first, the maids would have done so much for the day." his dad said before grabbing his phone.

the maids were tasked to clean the whole house for the whole day. they've done so much so it was only fair to let them rest.

sometimes, jaehyun even dream about his secretary in his house taking care of his son, like what's happening now. he'd come home to them and cuddle till they fall asleep.

jaehyun promised a family to his parents. his siblings didn't marry so it was all on him now. but this time, he doesn't even know if it was happening anytime soon. he has a successor, but what his parents need for him is a spouse.

as he had waited for his dad, he decided to call on taeyong. it's 3 pm on his watch which means it's about bedtime for taeyang in seoul--7 pm.

the call was answered after a few rings and the baby's face welcomed the man. that's odd, why doesn't taeyong answer the call nowadays? he thought.

"hi baby!"

"hi dada!"

"how were you today? did you play with uncle yongie?" he asked and the baby held the phone up close, and jaehyun frowned.

"yes dada!" the baby nodded.

"don't hold the phone so close to your face, baby. it'll hurt your eyes. where's uncle yongie?" he said to the baby. without answering, the baby gave the phone to his "mama".

"h-hi sir." finally, he saw the face he's been wanting to see.

"hey, taeyong. how were you and taeyang? is he eating well?"

"yes sir. we've played all day everyday for the past few weeks. and your sisters came home this morning, but soojung noona left early and sooyeon noona went with your mom to the mall. they haven't come home yet."

taeyong looked from his computer and to jaehyun from time to time. he was tasked to complete the monthly records and jaehyun just had to call him now.

"you've been working nonstop since i left taeyong. i order you to stop working tomorrow. give yourself a rest from taking care of taeyang and working at the same time. you can use my card and go to the mall if you want, you can bring taeyang with you too. or if he's bothering you, you can leave him with mom." jaehyun said.

taeyong looked at jaehyun and all of a sudden, his thoughts were all over the place. the only thing he could focus on was his pretty face from behind the screen.

"y-yes sir."

as he closed his laptop, they talked all night until taeyang felt the need to sleep. until then, it was jaehyun and taeyong left to talk. they're like husband and wife who missed each other. weird feeling. taeyong thought.

soon after, taeyong realized it was already 10. they've been talking for hours. he ended their call and proceeded to carry taeyang going to bed.

since jaehyun gave taeyong the day off, he did what the boss asked him to do. he went to the mall with taeyang. 

with his boss' card, he secretly bought taeyang matching clothes with him. they even bought family clothes for him and jaehyun as well. but he didn't have the intention to actually show it to jaehyun.

just like a family. he thought.

with what he saw on the ceo's mirror, he hasn't been the same. his heart thumped fast and he looked at taeyang differently. just like a real son. 

he treated taeyang as a real son inside the mall though.

"baby, do you want to watch a movie?" he asked the small man eating his chicken. he wiped the baby's lips from the dripping gravy and laughed.

"yes mama! chack frosh!" taeyong laughed harder and cooed at his son.

"okay. finish your food and we'll get snacks for the movie, okay?" the chicken was cut out for taeyang and with the last piece, he dipped it in gravy and munched until it was done.

taeyong took him to the top floor where the theater was and bought popcorn and tickets. taeyang held the tickets with his tiny right hand and hugged the bucket of cheese popcorn with his left arm.

taeyong, on the other hand, held a bucket of buttered popcorn with his left hand as he carried taeyang on his right. it was a sight to see. if only jaehyun was here. he thought.

"give them the tickets, baby." and taeyang smiled at the ladies while handing the tickets over. like any other, they cooed at the baby.

of course, with jaehyun's genes, he'll be irresistible.

"mama am scawed." the baby said trying to hide his face from the darkness. of course, it scared the young boy seeing the dark theater but it would be over soon.

"don't worry baby, i'm here." he caressed the little boy's hair and walked faster to meet the light.

once they were seated down, the lights closed quickly and the movie started.

when they reached home, they laughed as they entered. with them, they carried different bags of clothes and toys for taeyang. the baby boy also carried with him a pack of churros with chocolate on top.

"mama dat wash fun!" they baby giggled as he was put down the couch.

suddenly, a woman's cough interrupted them from their fun. when taeyong turned to look, it was jaehyun's sister, sooyeon.

"taeyong, we need to talk."

out of nowhere, taeyang was pulled out by the other sister, soojung, going to the garden to play. in the living room, taeyong was left with the eldest sister. it scared taeyong slightly since he hasn't been alone with his sooyeon noona for a long time. and this time her aura was scary.

they were seated on the couch, one facing the other, and a folder of whatever resting on the center table. taeyong frowned as he looked at the folder intently.

jessica grabbed her glass of wine and sipped before starting to speak.

"when were you planning to tell him?"