Chapter 19: I'll show you who I really am

* Deep breaths everyone.. It's gonna get rough from here on. 

Chapter 19

The mountain opened into a forest. This was probably the legendary forest that grew miraculous herbs known throughout the four kingdoms for their medicinal as well as lethal properties. When they stopped to rest, Weiying caught sight of Zichen getting out of another horse as well. He was about to walk toward him when one of the guards pulled him. Soon, he felt black fabric fastened around his eyes, blocking his vision completely. They were about to enter the land of the Wen kingdom. Their place was so secretive that outsiders had to be blindfolded to enter their territory.

They had to endure more hours on horseback with his hands tied up behind his back. The position that he was in and the constant galloping of the horses rendered him unable to freely move.

He had to maintain his upright posture to prevent himself from falling out of the horse. Staying in such rigid position for a long time was back breaking to the point where the lower part of his body felt so numb he could hardly feel his limbs.

After he felt that he could sit no longer, the entourage eventfully reached the destination, much to his relief. When they arrived, Weiying noticed that the glare of the sun seeping through his blindfold had tamed considerably. The wind was slightly chilly and the night was cold.

His body was dragged out of the horses. The soldiers dragged him by his arms across a hallway. His feet followed passively the rough hands that were dragging him by the shoulders. The lighting outside should be dim. He could catch faint points of lights here and there probably from the lanterns hung. Chatters could be heard around him.

"Who's that pretty boy? Take off his blindfold! He looks delicious." he heard the soldiers say. Weiying flinched at the words.

"They seem to be some hotshot thats why they are dragged all the way here."

Weiying felt a hand groping his behind. His body wiggled from side to side in response to the insult. The ropes that were still on his body clung to the fabric of his clothing. They were too tight he could not escape. Nevertheless, the act managed to raise the hairs on his body upright.

"Stop it! Thats not for you to touch. Our prince would like that type so hands off!!" The soldier that was grabbing his arms said.

What kind of sickening place was this. He had heard of the atrocities that the Wens had committed and thought it was as bad as they said.

The soldiers stopped abruptly and pushed Weiying forward. His stiff legs gave way as his knees crashed painfully onto the hard cold surface.

Someone yanked his blindfold off. His eyes squinted slightly at the sudden light and scene before him. The Wens picked a secluded place within the mountain to build their magnificent ruling ground. Given its mountaneous terrain, the buildings that was erected was much different that the ones in the Qi capital. They were convenient tent like and had lower ceiling for stability purposes.

He was on one of the bigger tents that was quite beautifully furnished with sturdy wooden columns and animal hyde all over. However, the most profound thing about the place was the smell of herbs. An incense burner as large as a kiln stood in the middle of the place emitting smoke of the herbal scent. The smell had the bitterness of herbal bark and a tang of opium sweetness that was intoxicating. It made him delirious.

There was an elevated stage and a eloquently carved throne made of wood stood in the middle. The crown of the seat stood the largest horns Weiying had ever seen. It was large and curved beautifully, probably once belonged to a magnificent beast. On the throne sat a sharp looking woman whose lips were dyed red as blood. She was clad in red dress and wore silver vambraces on both her wrist.