Chapter 3: Breaking Down The Walls

Your entire body was sore beyond all belief as you slowly found yourself walking up. Your entire left arm felt numb from your over use of your "ability" and your head was still aching from your headache.

Then again, it was better than sleeping on a bus.

You groaned as you lifted a hand to your head before you realized that you weren't laying on a metal platform anymore. You were on a cot.

Your eyes shot up and you sat up before immediately laying back down due to the sudden rush. You grabbed your head and noticed the lack of gauntlets on your wrist and the presence of a HUD in your vision. That meant that someone took the Serpant Tounges and couldn't get the helmet off.

You slowly sat yourself up and scanned the room. Two other people were here. Wait a second, this was the Chimera. So one of those people had to be Kamala. You slowly sat up before you noticed the other person in the room. Your movement had finally caught his attention which made him turn around.

Bruce: You're awake. Good.

Y/N: Dr. Banner?

Bruce stood up and walked over to you.

Bruce: Take off that helmet.

Y/N: What?

Bruce: That helmet. It doesn't belong to you. Take it off.

You stood up and stared him down.

Y/N: No. It doesn't belong to you either. Where's Kamala?

Bruce looked at you confused for a moment before he pointed behind him. Kamala was in another cot, still asleep.

Bruce: Now, you're going to tell me how you got that case open before I bring back the other guy.

You looked at him before you disabled the helmet. Bruce's eyes went wide when he saw you face.

Bruce: Y/N...

Y/N: Where's the gauntlets? I'm guessing you took them.

Bruce returned to his desk and sat in his chair before Kamala began to stir. You looked over to her and found yourself suddenly relived that she was alright.

Y/N: Kamala.

Kamala: Hey...what...what are you doing?

Bruce pushed his chair over to her.

Bruce: Whoa, take it easy. It's ok. Just making sure that you don't die on me.

Bruce gently laid her back down before you and Kamala noticed the glass tube in his hand. It was filled with blood. Kamala suddenly realized it was hers and began to sit up.

Kamala: No, no, no...

Bruce: Okay....you need to...

You stepped forward in a way that you were blocking Bruce from Kamala as he scooted back to make more space.

Y/N: You can't just go around drawing people's blood.

Bruce: I know, I know...under normal circumstances, no, but, these aren't normal circumstances.

Kamala sat up and you helped her before she got a good look at the Bruce.

Kamala: Holy crap...Dr. Banner?

Bruce looked at her than at you before he took a deep breath.

Bruce: Ooh, no...Um.

He then closed his eyes and began to whisper to himself.

Bruce: Highway 9, highway 9 is about 20 miles to highway 9 if you take highway 9 you can take the bus stop then you probably could just do sorry...