Chapter 13: Leviathan

You sat in your room on board the Chimera in silence. Your eye was taken care if, but it was no good anymore. No matter what anyone did now, you'd be blind in your left eye. That being said, you had a white bandage wrapped around most of that side of your head. The cut was deep so they had to cover that too. Your arm was also bandaged by Bruce.

It was odd to have 3 of the Avengers on board now. You managed to drop the Inhuman prisoners off at the Ant Hill and now the Chimera was just hovering over it. SHIELD also returned on the base meaning there was a lot more people around.

You still had no idea how to feel about that.

Anyway, your eye was feeling a bit better but you were still a ways away from healing from it. You weren't defenseless, but you were vulnerable for the time being. Since you had some down time, you had decided to start upgrading the ax to be something more than it already was.

There wasn't any music playing as you worked on adding some tech to the weapon. You lifted your head when you heard a quiet knock on your door.

Y/N: One sec.

You stood up and headed towards the door. You opened it and found Kamala standing there looking embarrassed.

Y/N: Hey. How are holding up?

Kamala looked at you but quickly looked away. It wouldn't be noticeable if you weren't already use to it.

Kamala: I should be asking you that. Are you alright?

You shrugged as you leaned on the doorframe.

Y/N: Been better. Guess this just a way to get my punishment for all the times I stole cookies from Thor.

You smirked at your joke but Kamala didn't find it as humorous. Your smirk vanished just as a SHIELD worker walked by.

Worker: Whoops, excuse me.

Kamala moved a bit to the side as the worker made his way through. You looked around at the new personal and sighed.

Y/N: Uh, wanna talk inside? Less foot traffic.

Kamala slowly nodded and you stepped aside to let her in. She shuffled past you and you looked back out into the hall. Natasha stood across the way with her arms crossed and a knowing smirk on her lips. The door slid close and you stood there for a moment.

Y/N: She really is everywhere.

You turned around and saw Kamala looking around. She touched one of the bobbleheads, Hank's, which caused it to shake slightly. She then turned back to you but still refused to look at you in the eyes....eye. Shit. That was going to be weird.

Y/N: So, uh, wanna talk about something?

Kamala nodded as she sat on the edge of your bed. You looked at the chair at the desk but realized it would be weird if you just asked her to sit somewhere else. You opted to lean against the wall and crossed your arms.

Kamala: I just....I apologized to everyone. About going off on my own. I wasn't ready like you said. And I...you got hurt because of me. I messed up and I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I get if you don't want to....

Y/N: Kamala, you're fine. Everyone was just worried.

Kamala looked up at you but she saw your eye again. She slowly looked down which made you sigh. Of course she still blames herself over everything.

Y/N: Honestly, I'm just glad you're alright. That's what matters.

Kamala shook her head.

Kamala: No. It's not. You would be okay if I had just listened to you. I betrayed you and the others.