A Miracle Doctor 2

PRINCE JIN POV

We were having tea in the room where Young Lady Xien Lei had been recovering.

"Lei Lei, are you sure you can cure her?" Prince Jian asked, his voice laced with a mixture of curiosity and skepticism.

"Yeah, so just shut up because you're irritating me," she said, her voice sharp and impatient.  "You've asked me that a hundred times now."

This girl was truly different from others.  She possessed a sharp wit and a boldness that was uncommon in the women of the court.

"I just can't believe that my soon-to-be-sister-in-law has knowledge about medicine that even the Imperial Doctor can't do," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of awe.

This little brat.  Why couldn't he just say something without mentioning that "sister-in-law" thing?  It was as if he was trying to remind me of the impending doom of our forced marriage.

"Cough, cough," she said, her eyes fixed on me, her expression a mix of amusement and annoyance.  "Sixth Prince, did you come here just to irritate me?"

I smirked, enjoying the way she could effortlessly command attention.

"Sixth Prince, can you leave us for a while?" I asked, my voice a quiet request.

He nodded, his face a mask of feigned disappointment.

"I shall take my leave now, my dear sister-in-law," he said, his voice dripping with mock sincerity.  He smiled, a mischievous glint in his eyes, and then he ran out of the room, his laughter echoing behind him.  I sighed.  He was such a headache.

"You must make your brother shut his mouth, Fifth Prince," she said, taking a sip of her tea, her gaze fixed on me.

"I certainly will," I said, my voice a low murmur, my eyes meeting hers.

"By the way, are you here just to visit me, or do you want to discuss some matters with me?" she asked, her voice a gentle inquiry, her eyes sparkling with a hint of amusement.

I smirked.  She was always so perceptive.

"You really guess well," I said, my voice a low rumble.  "Yeah, it's about your operation for Imperial Concubine Yun.  Are you sure you can do it?"

She looked at me, her expression unreadable.

"My medical skills are beyond this era," she said, her voice a calm whisper, her eyes fixed on me.  "Fifth Prince, are you worried that your future wife will make you in a deep trouble?"  This girl was teasing me, her words laced with a hint of playful malice.

"Future wife? Let's see if you will accept that imperial decree," I said, my voice a low murmur, my eyes fixed on her.  "You must think twice before accepting it, and even if you will marry me, we cannot have our own children."

"Fifth Prince, you really don't want me to marry you?" she asked, her voice a gentle murmur, her eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and amusement.  This girl...why couldn't she see my situation?

"I'm going," I said, pushing my wheelchair towards the door.

"I will send you off," she said, pushing my wheelchair with a gentle hand.

"Fifth Prince, do you love someone? Or have you ever loved someone?" she asked, her voice a soft whisper, her eyes fixed on me.  Out of nowhere, she was asking me that thing.

"What if I tell you that I already love someone?" I asked, my voice a low murmur, my eyes fixed on her.  "Would you marry me?"

"Hmm, I will not, but an imperial decree is not something that we can just say no to, and also it's my mother's wish.  How could I say no?" she said, her voice a quiet sigh.  She would accept that imperial decree.  I wondered what life we would face after that marriage.