The Imperial Decree

Before going home, Xien Lei was summon by the emperor. Upon entering she saw that everyone was here. She know towed
"Xien Lei Greets the emperor and empress"
"Rise my daughter" the emperor ordered, "Come infront" he added, she nodded and walk forward
The imperial eunuch step forward
"HERE COMES THE IMPERIAL DECREE!" He shouted. They all bow down and Xien Lei know towed

"The late Lady Xien, mother of Xien Lei, and the Emperor and Empress have made an oath that Young Lady Xien Lei and the Fifth Prince Zhao Jin shall be wed as swiftly as possible.  Therefore, I hereby declare that the marriage shall take place in one month's time!  Lady Xien Lei, accept the Imperial Decree!" He announced.

"My daughter, do you have any objection to this decree?" the Emperor asked, his voice laced with concern.  "Though this is an Imperial Decree, I will grant you the chance to choose."  He paused, his gaze fixed on Xien Lei, his eyes searching for any sign of hesitation or dissent.

The Fifth Prince, Zhao Jin, maneuvered his wheelchair forward, his movements smooth and controlled despite his disability.  He bowed low before the Emperor.  "Father," he said, his voice a quiet rumble, "May I speak?"

"You may," the Emperor replied, his expression softening slightly.  He had always been fond of his fifth son, even with his disability.  He recognized the strength and intelligence that shone through Zhao Jin's quiet demeanor.

                     LEI POV
This prince was truly something.  He didn't want to be a burden, a sentiment that touched me.

"Father," he said, his voice a low rumble, his gaze fixed on the Emperor.  "I am disabled.  Even if we were to marry, we cannot have children.  I would only be a burden to her.  Also, I am often at the camp, away for months, even years.  I cannot spend time with her."

His sincerity was palpable, his words resonating with honesty.

Someone stepped forward, interrupting the tense silence.  I glanced at the speaker, Princess Yan, a guest from one of the cities of Zhao State.

"Your Highness," she said, her voice a smooth, honeyed tone, "Please consider the opinion of the Fifth Prince."

This girl didn't want me to marry the prince.  Looks like I had a rival.  But what was mine would always be mine.  Wait and see.

"That is why I am giving my daughter a chance," the Emperor said, his gaze turning to me.  "My daughter, what is your choice?"

I smirked, my eyes meeting his.  This was my moment.

"I, XIEN LEI, WILL HEARTEDLY ACCEPT THE IMPERIAL DECREE!" I declared, my voice ringing with confidence, my eyes fixed on the Emperor.

An eunuch approached, holding the Imperial Decree.  I took it from him, my fingers tracing the ornate script.

"Good, good!" the Emperor exclaimed, his face beaming with satisfaction.

"Father, please rest assured that I will take care of the Fifth Prince," I said, turning to Zhao Jin, my eyes meeting his.  "He will not be a burden to me, nor will I be a burden to him.  I will support him in every way that I can.  I will make him the most outstanding prince in the whole world."

I turned back to the Emperor and Empress, a sly smirk playing on my lips.  "Xien Lei will be leaving now.  I am going home."  They nodded, their faces filled with a mixture of relief and anticipation.

As I left the grand hall, my heart thrummed with a mix of excitement and determination.  This marriage was not a burden, but an opportunity.  An opportunity to reshape the Fifth Prince's destiny, to prove my own strength, and to secure my place in this world.  And I wouldn't let anyone, not even a rival princess, stand in my way.

                    JIN POV
I looked at her walking out. This girl what is she up to?

"Brother looks like you found the right one for you" whispered my brother Jian and the other princes stare at me smiling. This is terrible

"Shut up" i said and look at him coldly

I move forward

"Father, mother i will send her at the Feng's Mansion" I said

"You may, so that you may know more about her" he said I bow and Qin push the wheelchair for me

When I was outside she was still there standing and reading the imperial decree she rolled it and keep it on her sleeve. They doesn't even know that we are at their back.

"Young lady, what are you planning to do?" her maid ask her

She smirk and look at the sky

"Nothing, I just wanna help him get rid of the humiliation  that he was suffering because he was disabled. Feng family want me to marry him so that the others can marry the other princes. I just give them a favor but they don't know that the chance that the fifth prince will walked again is a hundred percent" she said

I looked at her with a wide eyes opened even Qin cannot believed what he was hearing. I can walk again?but how?

"Young lady, i thought you will cure him after you know all about him?" her maid ask

"Rei-rei, I want my wedding to be special. If he will participate, I can make him walk on the day of our wedding" she answered

"Young lady may I ask? Why are you doing this?"

Yeah right. Young Lady Xien Lei why are you doing this all? You don't barely even know me

" Rei-rei everyone has their own fears. I choose him to be my protector, In times that I cannot fight anymore I hope that he will be there and will never leave me alone and in exchange I can guarantee that in a month he can walk. He will be my shield and I will be his ace"

Protection?why does she need a protection?

"Young lady, you are good at everything even if many doesn't know it, why do you need a protection?"

The night that she was supposed to be assassinated is that what she was afraid of?death? I remember she doesn't know how to fight

" Rei-rei, in this life you don't know who are your enemies, you cannot know everything on where and when they will attack, In case that i was not prepared I hope that he would be there to protect me. I need protection of him so that i can protect those people that are important to me, Rei-rei you don't know the feeling that everyday seems like hell because you always run away from death. Someone wants to kill me and i don't even know who it is"

"Is that the only reason young lady? I think there's something that makes you uncomfortable? Why don't you tell it to me?"

"There's no need" she said

I can feel that there is something strange about this girl but I don't know what

"Young Lady" i speak

She turned around and look at me

"Greetings fifth prince" they said and bow down

"Why are you here?" She asked me

"I will send you home" i answered

"Okay" she just said

"Follow me" I commanded and we leave the palace without saying anything on the half trip

"Fifth Prince, I wanna propose something" she said

"I know everything, i heard your conversations" i ask

"So no need to ask and explain, Fifth Prince are you willing to undergo the operation?" She asked

"2 days from now" i said

She nodded and didn't talk. I will trust you this time Lei.

(Let me know if you want me to finish this story till the end. Kindly vote on every chapter po I will truly appreciate it. Thank you for helping me and THANK YOU FOR READING!)