iii.

Changkyun couldn't believe it

Changkyun couldn't believe it. Jooheon had traded the younger over to Wonho for the night so he could receive that mysterious briefcase in return. Why did Jooheon do it? Usually, he will grow jealous whenever someone else gaped at Changkyun.

But Jooheon gave Changkyun away to Wonho with ease. He didn't hesitate or resisted— he just fucking did it. And it prompts the younger to grow dubious, yet frustrated with Jooheon's spontaneous performance.

At this exact moment, Changkyun finds himself sitting up on Wonho's bed, the breeze from the air conditioning unit prompting the latter to earn chills from his spine. The elder had demanded of the younger to submissively wait while he finished with his business. What business? What is it with these men and hoarding secrets? If only they knew that it solely leads them to trouble.

Perceiving the chamber's door creaking open, Changkyun lifts up his head, pinpointing Wonho's massive figure stepping in through the door. Directly, the younger freezes in his spot, unsure of what move to take. Should he bow? Or should he wave? Usually, Jooheon will oblige Changkyun to kiss his cheeks every morning.

"You seem terrified," Wonho speaks up, demolishing the silence and capturing the latter's undivided attention. "Just by looking at you. . . I can tell you're tense."

"I-I'm not terrified," Changkyun lies, his gaze quickly shifting to his lap when Wonho cocks a brow in question. "It's just. . . cold in here. I don't do well in the cold."

Emerging with a vague smile, Wonho walks off to the massive walk-in closet in his bedroom. Opening the door, he steps in and rummages for a few seconds before walking out with a black-colored hoodie in his hands. Without a word, he launches it towards Changkyun's direction.

Briefly taking it in his hands, Changkyun peers down at the large jacket. Clearly, it belongs to the elder; hence his scent is stuck to the fabric. But why did Wonho give him his hoodie and not a thick blanket to defeat the cold?

"Thank you," Changkyun says, basically mumbling it as he wears it over his trembling figure. Eventually, he finds himself relaxing.

Remaining wordless, Wonho approaches the cot, mounting it as he perches by Changkyun's side, deliberately and carefully wrapping an arm around the younger's shoulders. The latter hinders motionless, not daring to look up at Wonho.

Apprehending his silence, Wonho speaks up, "Why so quiet, Kkukkungie? Wouldn't you like for us to get to know each other?"

Slowly shaking his head, Changkyun admits, "All I know is that you're a Mafia leader. I don't want to learn anything more than that." He takes in a deep breath and finally dares himself to look up at Wonho, the elder solely staying silent. "Who was that girl? At the dinner table? With the gorgeous silver hair?"

"Her name is Luda," Wonho informs, fixing his posture on the bed. "She's my younger sister."

Unbelievable. Wonho, a mafia leader, has a younger sister? And to add on to that, he involves her in whatever nonsense he partakes. Poor, senseless girl. What is she doing living under her brother's roof and not her parents?

"So, you have a sister?" Changkyun glances away. "Should I act surprised? I ought to believe she's your girlfriend."

Tilting his head, Wonho removes his arm from Changkyun's figure. "You're ballsy, Changkyun. I wonder if that's how you behave in front of Jooheon."

Of course, not. If the younger acts gallantly in front of the other, Jooheon will slap Changkyun across the face. It had happened before.

Arising with a devious smile, Changkyun finds himself shaking his head. "Jooheon's a bastard with a cold heart. That son of a bitch will punish me. That's for sure."

Wonho's mere response is to laugh at the younger's statement, his hands finding their way to each other as they clap simultaneously. Changkyun isn't quite sure what was humerus about his claim, but Wonho sure does enjoy the shit talk.

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of lost here," Changkyun admits, looking at Wonho with curious eyes.

Deliberately ceasing his laugh, Wonho sets his hands down on his lap, peering down at Changkyun and narrowing his eyes upon his face. The said name looks gorgeous before the elder's view, and Wonho will admit, if Changkyun wasn't so innocent, he would have probably kissed him right on the spot. Probably even make him his in an attempt to annoy the hell out of Jooheon.

"Don't worry about it," the elder states, arising from the bed as his weight fades away from the cot. "You must be tired, why don't you rest for the night?"

"When will Jooheon come to get me?" Changkyun abruptly inquires, his eyes steadily shifting down to the white-colored blanket beneath him, his fingers clutching at it.

Somehow, Wonho doesn't like that question, but he doesn't decide to inquire the latter about it. He brushes it off of his shoulders and admits, "He'll be here tomorrow afternoon. Just relax, okay?"

Hesitating to nod, Changkyun lays back down on the bed, observing from the corner of his eye how Wonho disappears through the door, closing it behind his rear as he strolls down the dark corridor. When he hears the door click shut, Changkyun reaches over to the nightstand, shutting off the lamp.

Slowly retrieving his hand and tugging it beneath the blanket, Changkyun takes in a deep sigh, pondering over Jooheon and the briefcase he had taken with him. Why on earth did the said name trade the younger over to Wonho? What was the purpose, anyway?

Changkyun doesn't know, but it somehow terrifies him the more he ponders about it. What was Wonho going to do to him? Touch him inappropriately and use him for sex? Or order him around like a housemaid and then use him for sex?

Or, maybe, Wonho is not much of a horrible person compared to how he's depicted. Perhaps he's just an adorable, sensitive, caring man beneath all that ripped muscle.

What is Changkyun thinking?

Of course, Changkyun will be daydreaming about Wonho. He's currently sleeping in the older man's bed while wearing his oversized hoodie that, somehow, carries the fabulous, sweet scent of Fucking Fabulous. It sounds like another sexy, earthy, and bold scent from the master of such things. Is it possible that Wonho is. . .

No. No— Wonho isn't a master of sex. He can't be a mafia leader and a master of sex simultaneously, right? Dammit, why is Changkyun thinking about this?

Turning on his back, Changkyun brings his hands up to his face, rubbing his eyes with his fingertips. All Changkyun dreads is to be home. No, not with Jooheon— but home, where his parents are. He solely wises to be by his mother and father's side to earn their respect and care. Why did they give the younger away? Was he too dull and uninteresting for them? Or did they simply needed money to getaway?

Changkyun wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to go back home. He's sure the house has been neglected and abandoned. Nonetheless, even if he went out to venture to his parent's house, he has no clue of where he currently is.

His life must be a 'lucky' one.