xxxiii.

He couldn't stop reminiscing Wonho's message, the words 'Help Me' only stimulating a feeling of liability to engulf Changkyun entirely. And while the said name attempts to forget about it, he knows now it's not a good idea to keep secrets from Jooheon. But will it be a smart move to tell the elder? Especially since Chungho is most probably still searching for the younger?

"Kyunni, you haven't touched your breakfast," Jooheon points out, holding out the chopsticks towards the younger's plate. "You know I'm horrible at cooking— if you don't like it, just tell me."

"No, no— the food is fine, Jooheon," Changkyun clarifies. He picks up his chopsticks and begins to eat, slowly munching at the tofu covered with soy sauce. "It's fine. . ."

But as much as Jooheon doesn't want to believe the latter, he decides to push the thought aside, planting down the silver chopsticks. "Have you called Kihyun? He must be worried about you, y 'know?"

"I don't know why he doesn't bother to visit," Changkyun speaks up, grabbing the napkin and wiping his mouth. "It's not like you've fired him. . . right?"

Shaking his head, Jooheon replies, "No, I didn't fire him. Even if I had to, I won't. Kihyun is the only one I was able to rely on in the past and the only one who's able to comprehend the entire situation. Besides, he has to stay back at the mansion. With his presence there, Chungho won't suspect our absence."

"But what if he catches on? What if he knows what we're trying to pull?" Changkyun queries. Suddenly, his chest feels heavy, and a headache gradually forms.

"Don't dwell on it, Kyunni. Please, just eat your breakfast. We'll have to go meet up with Shownu in the afternoon. He said he might have figured something out— about your father's experiment."

Cocking a brow, the latter says, "He has?"

"Well, of course. I don't think identifying an unknown substance will be difficult for Shownu, hence the whole conducting and escorting drugs within his Mafia."

"Oh, him too?" It is all Changkyun says.

"Its main ingredient is a rosy periwinkle," Shownu describes, pointing at the pink liquid which idly rests in the testing tube. "There are eight species of this thing, and seven of them are endemic to Madagascar."

Slightly furrowing his brows, Jooheon queries, "Madagascar?"

"Does the flower have some sort of treatment or something?" Changkyun inquires, tilting his head due to curiosity.

Nodding his head, Shownu initiates to explain, "It gives two important cancer-fighting medicines. That being vinblastine and vincristine, which helps defeat Hodgkin's lymphoma and leukemia."

"Huh, cancer? Can't believe Jooheon called it perfectly," Changkyun says, looking over his shoulder at the elder.

Shrugging, Jooheon admits, "Majority of scientists are seeking to defeat cancer. It seems like the precise shot to call."

Spontaneously, Changkyun overhears his phone ring, and it manages to capture the attention of both the elders in the room. Clearing his throat, the latter jumps up to his feet and excuses himself. "It's most probably Kihyun," he guesses.

"You should answer his call, then," Jooheon informs with a nod of his head.

Slightly nodding his head, Changkyun begins to make his way down the corridor. And when he overhears Jooheon and Shownu advance with their conversation, the younger draws out his cellular device from his pocket, observing the monitor.