xxix.

And that night, Changkyun couldn't sleep. He proceeded to twist and turn on the bed, a sigh slipping out of his lips as his chest feels heavy. He couldn't stop thinking about the mansion, Wonho's disappearance, and his parent's death. What is it that his parents had that's prompting the latter to attract danger? Jooheon solely informed him that his father was a scientist, and it sounds like it may be the source that aroused this unwanted attention.

Looking to his right, Changkyun spots Jooheon in a deep slumber, the said name remaining idly and mute. Arising with a gentle smile, Changkyun leans forward, plastering a kiss on his forehead before ascending from the bed and making his way to the kitchen.

Unlike the kitchen back at Jooheon's home, it is small but adequate for two people. Most precisely, a couple. Walking up to the cabinet, Changkyun opens it and draws out a cup, filling it up with water before chugging it all down. Making out with Jooheon earlier really left him thirsty.

When he pulls away, he gazes outside the window, admiring the pine trees that served as the backyard of the land. It's incredible how much territory Shownu had bought, but the said name doesn't seem to be the type to make friends. Nonetheless, have his family over. Perhaps it's the reason why he didn't have trouble allowing Jooheon and the younger to crash. But for how long?

The more the latter admires the trees, the more he begins to outline a silhouette. Furrowing his brows and squinting his eyes, he attempts to make out who it could be. The shape of the body looks similar. Who could it be?

"Kyunni."

Snapping out of his thoughts, Changkyun quickly turns around to lock eyes with Jooheon. The said name obtains a worried expression, his eyes scrutinizing the younger's appearance. Deliberately shaking his head, Changkyun queries, "Jooheon. . . is something. . . wrong?"

"I've been calling out for you, and it seemed like you've been spaced out," Jooheon notifies, approaching the other and closing the gap between them. "Is everything okay, Kyunni?"

Looking back out the window, Changkyun doesn't spot the silhouette anywhere. May-haps is the drowsiness still lingering within him— that's stimulating him to hallucinate.

"I. . . I thought there was someone outside," Changkyun admits, turning his attention back upon the older. "Sorry, I guess its because I'm staying at some other house that I'm not. . . familiar with. It'll go away."

Gently smiling, Jooheon walks up to the latter, taking the cup off of his hands and establishing it aside on the kitchen counter. "I'm guessing you haven't slept at all."

"I can't fall asleep," Changkyun admits, running a hand through his black-colored hair. "Believe me, if I could, I would have passed out a long time ago."

Chuckling, Jooheon takes Changkyun's arms, wrapping them around his neck as he moves on to settle his hands on the younger's hips. Brushing his cold fingertips against Changkyun's skin prompts the said name to sigh with relief, resting his head against Jooheon's bare chest.

"All I know is that I want to spend my entire time by your side," Changkyun says with a deep, sleek voice. "There's nothing I want, nowhere I want to be in, and no one that I want to be with. I want to follow and be with you for the rest of my life. . . Jooheon, do you feel the same?" Picking up his head, Changkyun smiles up at the elder, patiently waiting for his response.

Slightly smirking, Jooheon solemnly declares, "Of course, I feel the same, Kyunni. I love you— always have. You mean the world to me, and I just want to spend it with you as if they're my last."

When Jooheon's face gets nearer, Changkyun thrusts his lips forward, giving the elder a kiss. The latter rests a hand on the other's shoulder, slightly getting on his tiptoes to kiss Jooheon in his plump, delicious lips.