CHAPTER 2

Lie 1: Arthritis

The team sat down in the library to discuss how to expose her lies. Normally they would be at Marinette's or Chloe's house but Lila has been following them and so they had change their spaces every day. This lie should be easy to expose all they had to do is to see which hand she writes with. If it's right hand then she clearly doesn't have arthritis.

In this there is Ladybug, Chat Noir and Hawkmoth but Hawkmoth gave up but still hasn't had the courage to tell Adrien what he has been upto. He has warmed upto Adrien a lot but has also sick lately.

The next day...

In English class, Marinette and Nino sit behind Alya and Lila so this should be the perfect time. Marinette moved around to see what hand she was writing with but had no luck because of her long brunette hair. With no luck, she sat down. Next to her, Nino took out his phone and zooms in and starts videoing her. Looks like she really doesn't have arthritis.

Nino: Hey Lila how come you can write with you right hand if you have arthritis.

By this time everyone I'd looking at Lila waiting for her answer.

Lila: W-w-well the th-thing is th-that

Nino: NOTHING - Your lie exposed.

Lila glared Alya

Alya: E-Well this is only one lie, you've told many.

Marinette was shocked to hear this from Alya.

Alya's voice had cracked and tears were beginning to form in her eyes. She never was nor wanted to be rude to Marinette's team instead she wanted to be on her side but she couldn't and the reason was stupid but too much to handle for Alya.

Alya POV

5 MONTHS AGO...
Marinette now had her own team and I wanted to be in it but I couldn't - why, because a week ago I had figured Lila was lying and I was so close into exposing her but Lila also knew what I was up to and so she came and threatened my family with Mayor Bourgeois, although he seemed very stiff and not himself. She threatened to get my parents fired and my young sapotis sisters out of school. Since then I have never been allowed to go near Marinette's bakery nor has my family.

Back to the present...

After class I head out of the door before Lila can catch me but I wasn't fast enough...

Lila : Are you OK.?
She asked in her sweet sickening voice.

Alya : I'm fine
I reply coldly

Lila : you really shouldn't talk like that to me you never know you might have to be begging on the streets in a few hours.

Alya: Sorry can I go home

Lila: After I have had a word about what you said during class.

Alya: But I backed up your point.

Lila: that you did okay but you said this was a lie in front of everyone.

Alya: I didn't know what to say you put me on the spot.

Lila : you did that purposely didn't you.

Alya: No I didn't.

Suddenly I feel a hard piece of wood come in contact with my cheek.

Lila: Now you are free to go.

I run home feeling tears run down my cheeks. I am normally so strong but I guess my family are my weakness.

I get home, shut myself in my room and call Nino to tell him everything.