Trainwreck of Tones

Hey, here's my first long chapter! I'm going to consider updating this book every time I have up to 10 pictures worth showing off, so that updates don't take forever to come! So hopefully that's pretty cool. I'll also do my best to have pretty long descriptions about the drawings so for those of you that like reading my thought process or whatever behind a drawing can have that! Now um, a quick little plug on my art contest. It's the final one for the 'summer' and once it's over, I'll start planning for my Christmas one. I would do a Halloween one, but I'm afraid my contest is already extended into October, and I don't want people to rush to get their entries done on time, so that's why I'm just going straight to the holidays. I have something mildly interesting planned, so I'm pretty excited to show that! Now um- let's get going with this trainwreck!

 I have something mildly interesting planned, so I'm pretty excited to show that! Now um- let's get going with this trainwreck!

Starting things off in this chapter is yet another old pony OC. Just like Sparkle, Lightning Dash here is the daughter of Rainbow Dash, so she basically just looks like her mom. Just yellow and and obnoxious cutiemark. The funny thing is, I also had her dad planned out when I did this, and it was Soarin. (I know at the end of the show, Rainbow and Applejack get together, but I'm doing these redesigns based on the stuff little me knew before season 5 so-) The fact that she is this bright yellow has NOTHING to do with her genetics, and it was just for the sake of her name. 

Also, credit to the original base maker, who I credited at the bottom, but if you can't read it, it's by Sunset Shimmer on dA. I did a poor job tracing over it because I really didn't want to spend a lot of time on this, and it wasn't going to let me erase the color easily from it like Sparkle's did so- yeah.

 I did a poor job tracing over it because I really didn't want to spend a lot of time on this, and it wasn't going to let me erase the color easily from it like Sparkle's did so- yeah

Now here is the updated version! HIS name is Sky Chaser, and he's the son of Rainbow Dash and Soarin. Why did I make him a guy? I dunno, I thought it fit the kid of these two better. His fur coat looks a lot like his mothers, and he has the multicolored mane and tail like his mother, but like his father, his cutiemark carries a similar 'windy-tornado' theme, which I thought was nice. I also had him have the same hairstyle as his dad. I feel pretty proud of this redesign, despite how simple it is. I can't wait to get on to the rest of them! At the end, I'm hoping to draw all of them together and either give them away in my adoptables book or have them be a prize for a future contest. I know for sure I don't think I want to keep them.