Chapter 1: Mike's Issue

Mike has a difficult time sleeping. Every time he lays down to bed, he perceives a weird sound and strange feeling. He just can't feel asleep. It's wintertime, perhaps it's the wind moving shit around the floor or the tree hitting against the window. He goes to sleep at around 10 pm, but it takes time for him to fell asleep. He would toss and turn in his bed constantly and get up to go to the bathroom even if he didn't need too.

He would check the time, "It's 12:30AM....It's 1:30AM, damn!" And then this odd feeling and sound just comes about. It happens to him way too often and he can't take it. The feeling and sound is hard to depict.

The sensation going through his body is like an icy feeling flowing through his veins.   The sound is like something is calling him from a different universe. The sound begins with a big hum for a while and then it's sounds like Siren Head. The sound includes: news broadcasts, sirens, screams and human conversations. Imagine if you had this issue with sleeping, what would you do? It's not insomnia or an illness. Mike took a psychology course in school.

The next morning, Mike had enough with this problem, but he doesn't want to tell anyone about his issue yet. He doesn't know what it is yet.

Mike exclaims, "John, what's up?"

 "Nothing much, same shit, new day," John growled.

  He continues "you don't look the same and something doesn't seem right with you."

It's never good when someone can see that something is wrong with you. Mike wants no one to know his issue yet. He doesn't want to look like an idiot but who knows what's wrong with Mike. For a while now, they both pause, and John is thinking.

John is trying to figure out what's wrong with Mike. He scans him from head to toe, like a printer scans a paper. He has said nothing for a while now.

But then John scolds, "Mike, what the hell is wrong with you!" 

He continues to say, "we are pals, you can tell me anything."

 Mike scoffs, "it's all good!"

John and Mike know each other for a long time now. They went to the same elementary school together. So, John knows when Mike isn't telling him something.

Mike is laying in his bed and he is anxious about whether this weird thing will come up. Mike worries a lot, especially about school and life. Whenever he lays down, things always pop into his mind. It's like a bunch of things rushing through his mind without stopping. What can be popping through this person's mind every time? Bedtime is about sleeping, not thinking. Mike is about to fell asleep and suddenly, it happens again. Is he having a panic attack?

This time the issue got stranger. 

"Why can't I sleep?" Cries Mike. 

Here it comes; now he hears a sound coming closer to him and someone says, "Mike, Mike....Mike!"

He has an unusual color on himself. "Who the hell is this?" Mike whispers . 

"Perhaps my friend is pranking me," He continues to say.

 Mike is losing his mind.It's like 2AM in the morning, who can that be? Mike is starting to get frustrated; he gets up from bed and goes to his window.

Mike screams, "Who is this? Show yourself!" 

Nobody is out there, plus it's cold as hell outside.Mike quickly puts on his PJ's and warm sweater with fur and runs outside. 

Again, he screams "Who is this? Please come to me!"

That following night, Mike falls asleep...finally.

The sun is shining, and it's a beautiful winter morning. The snow is coming down hard and accumulating gradually on the floor. Mike wakes up with shock on his face. He asks himself, "Was that a dream, or it really happened?" He recalls every single detail from hearing the sound to running outside. Is he losing his mind? He lays in bed trying to figure it out, he just can't put his finger on it.

"Breakfast," yells Mike's mom. 

"Just a minute mom," he replies. 

In the kitchen, his parents and his sister are at the table waiting for Mike to come eat.

"Honey, what's wrong with our son, Mike?" His dad wonders.

 "I got no idea. Let's ask him when he comes to eat," his mother replies.

Mike is still in his bed trying to figure out what is wrong with him. 

"When did this problem start?" Mike asks himself. 

He continues,  "Whatever this is, it will stop soon."

He still doesn't want anyone to know what is happening with him. For some reason, Mike is being very secretive and doesn't want to share his matter with anyone. Mike gets out of bed and starts to dress up.

He goes to the kitchen to eat breakfast and his mom asks "Mikey, I see there is something wrong with you. A mother feels when something is wrong with her boy."

Mike doesn't say anything and continues eating his breakfast.

 "Jack, say something for g-d sakes!" His mom broadcasts . 

"Boy, listen to your mother. What's wrong with you?" Jack suggests. 

Mike finally says, "First of all, I'm not a "boy, " I'm a man and secondly everything is kosher. Believe me if I had a problem, I would tell you." 

They all continue to eat in silence. Mike being so rude to his family, they only want to help but you know how people are when something is wrong with them. He might be scared his family might laugh at him or his friends might laugh at him. People are very judgmental these days.

__________________________________________________

I want some feedback, Do you guys like it? Thank you. This has been revised .