Piney Yellow

It was well after dark when they reached George's house. Tucked into a canyon that had a thin forest, the house was isolated and smelled like a farm.

Crickets chirped, and frogs and toads screamed. George used his phone flashlight to lead Jacob into his little house.

As they got in the door, George grabbed Jacob's jacket and pulled it right off of Jacob.

"Uh, you didn't need to do that..." Jacob started.

"I wanted to. So, what do you wanna do?" George asked.

Jacob felt his head short circuit. Jacob felt trepidation rise through his body. His mind drifted off to some unknown land.

"Hehe-heyyyy Jacob, haven't we been at this for a little long?"

Suddenly, Jacob was brought into reality by George's voice. Jacob was standing there, hugging George like George was a tree keeping Jacob from blowing away in a storm. Jacob released his arms and backed up a foot, pressing his back against the fridge.

"N-no, I didn't mean...uh, do you wanna go watch a movie?" George blustered. Jacob gazed at George, his brain working so hard he could not pick out a single thought.

"Yeah." Jacob finally said.

"'Kay. I'll make some popcorn, you pick out whatever movie you want. No horror or thriller movies please." George said.

Jacob walked into the living room and picked up the remote to the TV. George's living room comprised of white carpets, a pastel yellow velvet couch with sunflower throw pillows and pastel yellow curtains. The window had a few flies plastered to them with oak frames. The walls were a neutral white with no texture. The ceiling had a few fountain lights.

Jacob sat down on the couch and picked up a remote to a medium sized flat screen TV. 

"Do you wanna watch something on Netflix or normal cable?" Jacob called to the kitchen as George poured kernels of popcorn into a pot.

"Doesn't matter, whatever you like."

Jacob entered into Netflix.

Jacob looked through the accounts.

George, Gf, Zak

Zelk chose George and selected a random movie to watch.

"Hey, George, do you have a girlfriend?" Jacob asked.

"Uh, no, that accounts just for when I get one." George replied, as he brought a big bowl of popcorn into the living room.

"Ok."

George sat down next to Jacob, and Jacob leaned against his bony and lanky figure.

"Why is your house decorated like this?" Jacob asked George.

"Oh, I got it with the house. This was a hoarder's house, it was packed with stuff. Took a lot of work to clean it up, but it had good bones." George chuckled. Jacob hugged George from the side.

"It's nice."

Jacob fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie, George's steady breathing and the warmth of the house lulling him into a gentle sleep.

Jacob woke up with a loud thump and his neck hurt. Jacob realized George got up and Jacob came crashing down onto the couch.

"Ouch, George." Jacob said as he got up.

"Wh- oh, I forgot you were there." George said as he turned around to face Jacob.

"Mmhm, well, where do you wanna go for breakfast?" Jacob asked.

"Woah there, you haven't even changed your hoodie yet." George spread his fingers.

"Oh." Jacob wasn't sure how to react to another man telling him how to get ready in the morning.

"How about you get a shower, then I'll take you out to eat in Hot Springs. Then we can meet up with Zak and Darryl in Hill City." George offered. Jacob pouted, his stomach grumbling.

"I'm hungry."

"Jacob, you are taking a shower and changing your clothes whether or not you like it. You can either go willingly or I will drag you into the shower and wash your hair for you." George said firmly. Jacob's cheeks flushed.

"You wouldn't." Jacob said, backing against the couch.

"I would." George smiled at Jacob.

"Fine!" Jacob squealed.

"Alright. Lemme show you to the master bathroom." George grabbed Jacob's hand, but Jacob pulled against him."

"Why can't I just use the guest bathroom?" Jacob questioned.

"Cause the master bathroom is better." George pulled again. Jacob followed him.

"Here you go." George shoved Jacob into the master bathroom. "I'll be right back."

Jacob looked around. The bathroom has a double vanity with a large mirror, eggshell white tile, and a massive tub + shower combination that took up half of the bathroom. Jacob pulled a yellow bathmat off of the shower rung and set it down. A few minutes later he heard a knock on the door. Jacob opened the door, and George handed him a pile of clothes and a yellow towel.

"This should work for now." George said and closed the door. Jacob set the pile of clothes on the vanity. He stripped down and climbed into the tub. Jacob turn the shower handle to lukewarm water and let the rainwater water pressure flow down his skin. Jacob looked around and spotted men's shampoo+conditioner and rubbed it into his hair.

(Time Skip Brought to You by  @Sylvie_123 )

Jacob rubbed the yellow towel on his legs and got dressed in the pile of clothes George brought to him. Jacob turned off the light and the fan and walked out into the kitchen, where George was waiting.

"There's the handsome boy!" George smiled. Jacob blushed slightly.

"Did you talk to Zak and Darryl?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, they're gonna meet us at Springfalls Diner." George replied.

"That'll be nice." Jacob commented.

"Come on, let's go have a walk, Zak'll call me when he gets into town." George moved towards the door.

"Alright." Jacob followed George outside.

George's property looked a lot different in the morning light. The house had pine siding and a small porch with flagstone steps. Beige silt and gravel surrounded the house and follow the road that led out of the canyon. Bluestem and needle grass grew in clumps that interrupted the gravel, while wheat grasses grew in the surrounding forest. The smell of pine and cedar filled the air, with animistic and aqueous undertones. Sunlight streamed in the through the trees. Logs and pine cones littered the horizon of the forest.

George's chickens clucked, and a gentle breeze made the temperature feel just right. Birds chirped and woodpecker pecked. Squirrels and chipmunks occasionally dashed into view. Wildflowers of all varieties grew in the forest, and tulips grew under George's front windows to match. Jacob felt his body relax as he absorbed the environment.

"What do you think?" George asked, putting his arm around Jacob.

"This place is awesome." Jacob replied, his eyes still focused on the property's natural beauty.

"Glad you like it." George commented.

A single eagle flew overhead.