Chapter 1

Shifters and Such

This is our new book, and again, we'll be doing double POV. I hope you enjoy this book. :)
________________

Melody's POV

Jumping over a fallen tree, I swiftly hit the ground and continue running. My brown hair flying in the wind behind me. My pale purple eyes scanning my surroundings as I scramble through the forest. Skimming past a tree, a creek comes into view. I make a sharp left, causing my small body to ram into a tree.

I brush myself off and continue towards the creek. once I'm near the edge of the water I jump in.

"This will hopefully lose my scent.." I whisper to myself.

As I splash through the water, I stop near a tree to catch my breath after a few minutes of running. A hand slithers around my waist as another hand covers my mouth. I gasp in surprise, struggling against my captors hold.

"Your making this hard on yourself. be a good little shape-shifter and stay still!" The guy snarls.

I'm jerked backwards and hit a tree. I groan trying to regain my balance, but the guy grabs my throat with one hand and my wrist in the other. with little success of escape, I gasp for air as he adds pressure to my throat.

"Why don't you go feed on someone else's blood, you leech!" I choked out. The vampire smirked, and threw me to the ground roughly.

I catch myself with my hands and knees, and breath heavily, letting the air fill my lungs again. I hear the vampire coming up behind me, so I take the moment as my fighting chance. I jump up and punch him in the face.

He stumbles back, and wipes his now bleeding nose. He growls, and charges at me with inhuman speed. Just as he is about to pounce, I throw my leg at his torso, which he catches.

My breath gets caught in my throat as he twists my ankle. I let out a scream of pain, and yank my leg back. He takes the opportunity and jumps at me. I fall backwards and land on the ground with him straddling me, holding my arms above my head.

He smirks, looking at my helpless form underneath him. I'm about to say something, when he pulls out silver chains. My eyes widen as I struggle to break free of the monsters hold. He wraps the silver chain around my arms and torso. The metal setting my skin on fire. I grunt in pain as he wraps it around a tree and secures it there.

'No escape now genius..' I tell myself, biting my lip to keep from screaming.

The vampire laughs evilly, and walks around the tree, eye raping my body, and probably telling his stupid vampire leader, Marcus that he caught me. Marcus wants me dead, all of my kind dead actually. I'm only one of six shape-shifters left in the world. We are extremely rare, but people think we are a disgrace. So they try to get rid of us.

Ever since I apparently "ruined" Marcus's feeding session when I saved a lot of people from the village he was ransacking, he wants me dead. But also because of what I am.

My thoughts are interrupted when I feel a sharp pain on the side of my face.

'He did NOT just slap me! Ooh when I get out of here I'm gonna-' I started, but my cat, Mila, cuts me off.

'IF we get out of here ALIVE Melody!' She said weakly. This silver won't allow me to shift into my little house cat. Damn. Why do I always have problems.

My head snaps towards the vampire, when I hear a loud noise coming from his direction. He turns back around with something in his hands I can't quiet recognize..