Chapter 10: I Promise You, Brother

--Ryder's POV (Special Chapter)--

Life has a funny way of showing you just who the fu-ck is in charge and that was what I experienced as I watch the exchange between Ryker and Kenna happen. I was truly devastated when I found out she was pregnant with his child, and slowly as time went by I saw that she was just pregnant with his child. There was minimal love between them, it might have been more back in California but now it was different.

She loved us both, that much was obvious. But I love her more and I could keep her safe better, despite what the others thought I knew Diablo would castrate me if he found out I was with Kenna after everybody else but I was hoping that I would have a chance to explain my love to her. I spoke to Kenna and as I did I could see that she was struggling to choose which man she would end up with.

I didn't want her to feel torn because I wanted her happy even if in an event, it wasn't with me. I sighed and hopped on my bike, I had to focus, I made a promise and I was going to make damn sure I would carry through with it. This job is a dangerous one because we had to go in unmarked territory to meet up with the Chinese for guns and money trade.

The Chinese had been working with us for quite some time now, about 2 years. They could be trusted and they always had our back, they worked with us and we worked with them. Like a family almost. The Chinese was aware of the bad blood between the Reaps and the Hounds, they knew of the war that was brewing between us all.

But that didn't stop them from making business happen, that was the motto. Business first, kills later. You make ends meet before opening new shit up. That's just how clubs work.

I've been chartered everywhere since I was allowed in the club business, I went to a couple charters in California, and even some as far as Oregon. I made my name something most couldn't comprehend. Ryder wasn't just a nickname, it meant something. Ride or die. That's what I was. I rode for my club, I kill for my club. My club is all I have. It comes first. That's how it is for all of us.

Some more devoted than others. I was always that devoted until Kenna came back into my life, now if she wanted out, I don't think I would blink. I don't think I would succeed but I would try damn hard to get out for her.

I growled. I need to focus.

We rode for an hour straight through our territory and into unmarked, you could slice the tension with a bullet. I could feel the nerves radiating off my whole crew. Muse and Tank were on alert as soon as the bikes were at a standstill. Richey was counting bills and bags of money while GO, Ryker's right hand was standing guard over Richey.

Ryker and I stood with guns pulled alert, watching for the slightest movement. We hear the gravel crunch between car wheels and watched as Monk's black SUV pulled up followed by a bens and a Camaro. Ryker looked at me with a look that said "are you serious?" I nod with a smirk.

Monk use to be a legitimate business man with a family and great marriage, then the Calabasas killed his family when aiming for their rivals, it is safe to say that the Calabasas no longer exist. Their club was destroyed beyond repair and that was years ago, most don't even know who they were by name.

I smirked as Monk approached me, with a friendly smile. "Hello friends."

I smile and bow my head to him. "Hello Monk." He bows and smiles.

"I hear you are in need of weapons?"

I smile and nod. "Hounds are on their impending death beds."

Monk smirks and nods. "I hope you kill your enemy and get your vengeance as I got mine." Monk pauses. "Very well guns?"

I chuckle darkly. "Now we're talking."