CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Yoonoh, together with the six boys gathered in the media room.

The hacker's fingers are in wild work; numerous pieces of data are floating on the three big screens like alien language to the others, mostly impossible to understand.

The atmosphere is as tense as ever—air thick and silent, breaths uneven, and hearts thumping hard in nervousness.

A loading server popped up on the main screen, all focused and not wanting to be disturbed.

LOADING 30%

LOADING 60%

LOADING 90%

LOADING 100%

ACCESS FILE?
YES or NO

LOADING COMPLETE!

OPEN/QUIT

RECORDING PLAYING

"It's not even a word, dummy!"

"It's in my dictionary."

Their eyes widened, and as their breath hitched, all eyes on the former leader were frozen.

"Reum, eat your dinner!"

"I'm not hungry!"

"I'm telling you to Hyuck, then."

"Fine!"

"It's really a recorder." Jisung voiced out after an eternity of silence.

"Stop" Yoonoh said, and Renjun immediately obliged.

His heavy sigh made the tension worse.

The leader, on the other hand, remained silent, back leaning on the wooden door, eyes dark and stoic, fists and jaws clenching.

"It started clearly a week ago."

"Haechan-hyung called me for my men when..." Chenle halted and snapped his head to the leader. "Hyung.. what if Woojin was the one who attached the clip recorder?"

The said boy just spared an empty look, pushing himself to stand up properly, and turned his heel out of the room.

The others remained speechless on the spot and shared a look with their mouths parted in shock.

"It looks like Woojin's time of death is confirmed." Mark said, and they just gave him a knowing look.

☀️

Donghyuck flung the basement door with a loud bang. The only person inside flinched and eventually woke up.