4th Letter

A letter of advice to those who regretted their decisions in life.

Merriam's version of regret means "a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done."

I know all of us underwent regretting the decisions and choices we made. I experienced it firsthand. I once told my parents that I regretted choosing fun rather than study for my exams. And do you know what they said to me? "Don't regret the decisions you've made. Because at one point, I know, and you know that the decision you made that time was exactly what you wanted." That changed my perception of regret. It had an impact on my way of thinking.

It's normal to feel bad or disappointed in some choices that we made in life, but we should also recognize that choice as part of our life. Admit it or not, every decision you've made leaves a lesson. It may be a good lesson or a wrong lesson. Nonetheless, we should not feel bad when we do things for fun because that's what our self needs at that time! We should not feel bad when we choose one thing and decline the other because that's what our hearts desire that time! We should not regret the decisions we made and instead acknowledge it and face the aftermaths! We should never regret those decisions that once made us feel alive and happy! We are courageous enough to decide and walk to that path; isn't it just right that we should also be brave enough to face the bumps and challenges we encounter in that path we chose?

Its already done, so just live with it. Think of it as a sermon given by life itself. Think of it as a chapter in your life where you dared to choose what you chose.

"Never regret a single moment of your journey. Always know that if it wasn't your destination, it was preparation."

Truly yours,
Ashia