5th Letter

A letter to those who are struggling academically during this time of pandemic.

During this time of pandemic, we are forced by the situation to adopt the new normal educational system. Taking your class online is hard. It takes discipline, perseverance, and time management to succeed. It is a struggle, especially to those who are not privileged financially and mentally. Despite that, I'd like to impart this letter of encouragement for everyone to follow their heart's desire. 

Studying in a regular school is challenging enough. What more if we are studying online? It takes a lot of discipline, perseverance, and time management because, for me, without those three, you can hardly survive. I think almost all of us are struggling in this new educational system. You're lucky if you're financially stabled, yes, but I know for a fact that not all students who are privileged financially get to surpass the struggle too. They may be financially stabled but some of them are not fast learners, just like me. I have the resources and the things that I need, but I lack mental ability. I don't pick up information and lections in just a snap. So don't be sad and think of a way to lighten the burden you are carrying.

I hope that all people who are struggling today will know what to choose. Ask yourself, "Is it worth it? Should I stop? Or should I continue?" Your answer to that will determine the path you'll choose. Don't be afraid and seek God's guidance. Segregate the wants and the needs inside your head. Always know that you are the driver of your life, so you get to choose your own pace. I won't tell you to keep moving but instead, know that there is no competition for education. It's okay to sacrifice something for a more significant cause. Education won't run. It's not a competition, so don't be sad and disappointed if you are not to graduate on time.

Truly yours,
Ashia