Chapter 1

MerSam (Mercedes/Sam) Series-In Order:

Story One- A Gleeful Reunion(it takes place five years after they graduated high school)

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/203789216-a-gleeful-reunion

Story Two- A New Direction In Life (Takes place sometime after A Gleeful Reunion ends- a sequel)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/190465547-a-new-direction-in-life

Story Three-The Start of Something Beautiful( It takes place after the junior prom- a prequel)

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/241894850-the-start-of-something-beautiful

Story Four-Steal Away(It's a short that take place during the New Directions trip to New York in The Start of Something Beautiful)

Story Five-To Everything There Is a Season: Everything Changes (Sam's and Mercedes' Freshman Year of College)

Story Six-Cause I Love You (A short story is actually taken from the upcoming junior year of college story) And that hasn't been written yet. I hope you enjoy this short story.

MerSam Series Playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5UQwNqZaKliLYLI5uf12dq?si=7NKplZZpS7OwmfIn0Qn32A

.............................

Mercedes Jones

Sam Evans

"Well, I can honestly say that I won't ever forget Junior Prom." Rachel laughed while they walked on for the last thirty minutes. She was on the left, Sam was in the middle, and Mercedes was on the right. "Even though Jesse and Finn were kicked out?" Mercedes asked, glancing at her. "Yes. That's the reason I won't forget. I mean I had fun with Jesse, but we all have even more fun once they both were gone." Rachel stated causing Mercedes and Sam to silently agree. "Well, I see my stop." She  gave a smile before she spoke to Sam and Mercedes. They all walked in Rachel's yard and up to her door.

Rachel unlocked the door before she turned towards them. "Thank you both for being there with me. I had fun with you two." "No, problem," Sam stated. "I had fun as well. Thanks for coming with me." "No problem." Rachel said before pulling him into a hug. She then moved away to stand in front of Mercedes. "See how much you would have missed if you decided to stay home?" Rachel said reminding her of their previous conversation. 

Mercedes pursed her lips as she narrowed her eyes in thought. She then nodded with a smile. "Yeah, I would have missed out on a lot. Thanks again, girl." Mercedes said as she watched Rachel pull her into a hug. She hugged Rachel back then sighed. "Get some rest. Night Rachel." Mercedes told her as they pulled away before Rachel walked inside and locked up.

Sam and Mercedes walked out of the yard and continued on. "And then there were two." He spoke quietly, causing Mercedes to look up. "What?" She asked him. "Nothing," He said as they continued on. "I was just thinking that we had some fun tonight. You and me." Sam looked at her as he caught her glancing at him from her side vision. "Yes, we did. You're pretty funny, Sam Evans." 

Sam smiled while they turned a corner at the end of Rachel's street. "Thank you. You were pretty funny also. Wait." He stopped as he looked around. "Which direction are you heading to?" He asked her,causing her to stop and adjusted her wrap. "The way to where you stay." She answered. "The Motel?" Sam asked in surprise. "Yeah, I'm walking you home." She told him before she continued to walk. Sam reached out to her hand and grabbed it.

"Mercedes." He simply said, causing her to stop once more. "Yes?" She questioned him, staring at him. "I'm taking you home first. Then I can get home by myself." He told her, causing her to shake her head. "I'll be fine." She told him. "No. I won't let any girl walk by herself so late. I couldn't live with myself. So, come on." He said as he continued to hold her hand, leading the way. 

She looked down at her hand in his, before her eyes traveled up to his face. He seemed determined to walk her home first. As if he was really concerned. The walk ended up being quiet again for the next thirty minutes before she stopped walking, causing him to jerk back some. "Mercedes, are you okay?" He turned towards her as he still held her hand.

"Yes." She sighed sadly while trying to wiggle her hand from his hold. "Sam, you can stop now." She told him. Sam looked confused and let her hand go. "I can stop what?" He said as he watched her hold her head up high and continued to move down the sidewalk. "Stop being nice, funny, and sweet." She said as they walked side by side. "I know you did that for our benefit.  To make sure the three of us had a good time. But prom is over and you don't have to continue." 

He looked up to see her home was close by  while he ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't do anything tonight to make you and Rachel think that you both were a charity." He spoke in a hurt tone. "You both didn't treat me like that, so why would I do the same thing?" She paused in her yard as she saw her mother's car was still there while her father's car was gone.  Mercedes kept her back to him while sighing, feeling like she would cry any minute. 

Sam stepped up close behind her but kept his distance. "I really did have fun with you both. Especially you. I meant what I said. You looked very beautiful." He said as he let his eyes travel all over her. "You still do. And I loved dancing with you. Maybe we can do it again. If you want." He shrugged. "Well, good night Mercedes." He said before turning away to leave.

Mercedes turned around to see Sam  about to walk away  before calling his name. "Sam?" He stopped and turned around to face her. "Yeah?" He softly spoke. "How about now? My parents are going to be gone a for a while longer and I'll be alone. Since it's prom night would you like to come in for a snack?" She said in a shy tone.  Sam looked at her in surprise before he noticed the light in her dark brown eyes. " Sure. My parents knew that we all might have been out much later." He said, turning back towards her.  "Please, come in," Mercedes said leading him in, secretly hoping she could spend a little more time as Cinderella before the night is over.