Chapter 19

Sam Evans

Mercedes Jones

Sam placed his pencil down and exhaled deeply as he watched Mr. Schue walk to each desk and pick up the test papers. He finally came to Sam's desk and looked at him with a small smile. Sam looked up at him and gave a worried look. "Don't stress about it. " Will said as he picked up the test. "Okay, everyone, once all the teachers grade their tests we will give them to the office and they will put them on score sheets for each student in school. You can pick them up at the end of the day or after school. Class dismissed."

Everyone filed out as Sam went to his locker and took the last of his stuff out. He gave all his books back at the beginning of each final exam. Now he was done and his locker was clean. It was the last day on the last week before graduation for those seniors who would graduate. 

He closed his locker door for the last time and prepared for the fact that he might not graduate. Sam had no more classes for the rest of the day thanks to taking all his tests for those classes earlier this week.  Mr. Schue's Spanish class was the final one. Sam sighed while walking  to the choir room to hang out there until the end of the day.

His frown faded away when he stepped into the room, seeing and hearing what sounded like a party.

He began to smile when he noticed Tina and Brittany singing and dancing in front of the piano while everyone else danced around. He walked in as Blaine danced behind him and gave him a gentle push into Kurt. Kurt took his hand and spun him towards Mercedes. She turned and bumped into his chest. "Hey, Diva." He softly said under the music and singing. "Hi, Sammy." She said, letting her right hand gently pat the area where his heart beat. "Don't worry." Mercedes told him. "Let's just have fun until we get our results." She said softly before Rachel came over and danced with them.

Later, they took a break to go to lunch  and decided to sit together and chat it up. Sam was still sulking as they ate. "You know, " Artie said looking at them all. "Today is our last day together before graduation next week. And I think we all should sing something to each other as a goodbye gift." They all nodded in agreement at Artie's idea. "Yeah." Rachel spoke with a grin. "Can we choose any song we want?" She asked aloud. "Yes," Artie told her, smiling in return. "You can sing Barbara or Broadway. Which for you, is the same." He said, causing them all to chuckle. "Well, if that is the case." Tina said. "Brittany and I already did our song." She said before Brittany gave her a high five.

"Okay." Artie agreed. "Well, I'm done with all my finals. How about everyone else?" Santana said. "I'm done." Tina and Brittany said in unison. "Me too." Finn, Puck, and Mike chimed in. "We're through also." Quinn, Rachel, Lauren, Blaine, and Kurt said together. "I'm finished also." Mercedes spoke. 

They then looked towards Sam who was in deep thought. "Sam, how about you?" Artie asked.  "I think I'm done." He said before he corrected himself. "I mean, I am done." He said, forcing a smile. "Great!" Artie said. "The rest of New Directions are freshman, sophomores, and juniors. We'll let them listen and enjoy the show for those who aren't in class the rest of the day. But this is mainly for us and Mr.Schue." He said in detail. "Deal!" They all said before they finished eating.

Once back they were back in the choir room, Rachel was first.