Chapter 3

A/N: Another short chapter

Mercedes started to wake up and tried to turn her head but couldn't move. She opened her eyes slowly to see a white shirt blocking her view of anything else. Mercedes blinked away the sleep as she looked up to see Sam's face peacefully sleeping. She felt her face hold a look of surprise while trying to ease away from his chest. Again, she realized that she couldn't move that much. Sam sighed and snuggled deeper as his arms wrapped around her tighter, pulling her closer.

She couldn't believe that she woke up face to face with Sam on the couch. That she was in his arms. She closed her eyes before slowly inhaling the smell of his now faded cologne when the phone rang. As much as she wanted to soak his touch up, she needed to get up to see if that was her parents calling. She reached up with one hand to run it through his hair and trail down his face. 

Sam woke up when he heard the phone ringing . He looked around to see that he wasn't at the motel with his family. He looked down to see Mercedes with a sleepy smile. He then remembered last night. Junior Prom. He was a date for Rachel and Mercedes. Mercedes invited him in to eat and talk. Then he saw Star Wars, she fell asleep, and he kissed her. He blinked, letting her go before they both sat up on the couch.

Mercedes reached over for the phone as she answered it on the fourth ring. "Hello?" She said in a tired tone. "Morning, mom. You just woke me up. Yeah. Having a good time? That's nice. Okay. Well, I'll see you late Sunday. Love you. Bye." Mercedes said before she hung up. Sam remained quiet while making himself wake up. She did the same as they both sat there. "I remember." She spoke whisper, causing him to look over at her. "Huh?" He asked her hoarsely. "I said, I remember." She repeated, clearing her throat. "Remember, what?" He asked as he cleared his own, his naturally deep voice coming through.

"I remember being kissed while sleeping." Mercedes told him, looking down at her hands. Sam remained silently and stared at her before looking at his own hands. "But I guess I could have been wrong. It could've been just some intense dream. And since I told you about it, I'm embarrassed." She rambled and looked away, shaking her head. "I think I better go wash my face and stuff. If you want to do that also, we have a guest bathroom down here with brand new toothbrushes." She said as she hurried off.

Sam sighed not realizing that she felt it deeply. But then again she kissed him back in her sleep. He wondered if she probably felt violated that he did that and held her as they slept. He got up  to the guest bathroom to wash his face and used one the new ,spare toothbrushes. While he was downstairs in the guest bathroom, Mercedes was finished and coming out of the bathroom. She undressed out of her pajamas. She got dressed in a pair of jeans and a purple and black two-toned shirt. She slipped on her socks and shoes before she took down her hair and brushed it around her shoulders.

Sam felt he may had overstayed his welcome, so he grabbed his jacket and was headed for the front door. Mercedes was coming back downstairs and noticed he was half way out the door. "Sam? Where are you going?" She asked him in a surprised tone. "Back to the motel. I guess I should get out  of your way." He said not looking back at her. "But you haven't had anything to eat." Mercedes told him, while standing at the bottom step. " And I refuse to be a rude host. You are my guest. I will feed you then take you home since my mom's car is here." 

He turned around and took her in. She just as beautiful as she did in her prom dress and this morning in her pajamas. "Are you sure?" He asked her whiling closing the door to turn walk back towards her. "Yes, I am. But first," She told him before pausing to look up at him. "I owe you this, since I am awake for us to both enjoy it."

He watched her tiptoe, lean closer, and rest her lips upon his. He  closed her in and wrapped his arms  around her, letting the kiss deepen. Mercedes sighed while Sam groaned. "What is this?" She asked him after they pulled their faces away from each other . "I don't know, Mercedes." Sam said in an exhaled breath. "But I'd like to find out. If you want to, that is." He told her  while still holding her. "I do. I want to try if you want to." She stated  with a smile causing Sam to nod. "I do, too." He agreed then grinned before kissing her again.