Chapter 20

A/N: Originally completed: Nov 03, 2011. Well, this is the last chapter for this story, but don't worry about more to come. They are starting college together. And if you have been following this saga from the first story, you'll know that some of this chapter sounds familiar. It's the beginning of 'a gleeful reunion (which 'the start of something beautiful' is the prequel of)'. I added Sam's name in it because we all know now, it was Sam she was talking to.

................

Sam Evans

Mercedes Jones

Mercedes got up and shuffled her way to the bathroom as she began her day. Another school day, another day of whatever came her way. She did her daily, morning tasks in her bathroom when she heard her mom from downstairs. "Mercedes, we'll see you after at the party, okay?" "What party?" She asked with a sleepy tone as she walked out of the bathroom. "Your graduation party, Mercy." Cynthia stated as she walked up the stairs and at the threshold of Mercedes' room.

"Graduation? Wait! It's today?" She said as she turned to face the calendar where a picture of her and the new directions winning nationals was next to a pic of her and Sam from her cell phone, that was blown up and printed. There she saw in a purple circle the words : My Graduation day! A grin spread across her lips as she turned to her mother. "I'm graduating today! Yes!" She screamed for joy as she pulled her mom into a hug before run around the room. "I got to get ready! I got to get dressed! See you later, mom! Love ya, Dad!" She said as she grabbed her things and her keys and flew downstairs before heading to her car. She buckled up and started the car before driving off.

Mercedes was driving when her phone rang. She waited until she came to a red light before hitting the talk button. "Hello?" She asked as she continued to drive. "Mercy!" Stevie whispered loudly into the phone. "Stevie?" She asked with a surprised tone. "Yeah, it's me. But I have to be quiet. Mama and Daddy are talking about whether Sammy and us can go to the party. But he doesn't want us or Sammy to go." He admitted then sighed. "I'm going to miss you, Mercy. Can I go to college with you?" The young boy pleaded to her. Mercedes smiled as she arrived at school and parked her car.

"Aww, Stevie. But what about Sammy? Will you miss him? Don't you want to go to college with him?" She asked as she turned off the engine and sat there. "Yeah, I will miss him. But I have lived my whole life with him. I need a break." Stevie said, causing Mercedes to laugh loud. "Hey, Squirt!" Mercedes heard Sam yelled in the background. "Why are you on my phone? And who are you talking to?" He said as he got closer. "I swear, Stevie. If you have run up my minutes calling a nobody." He said taking the phone from his little brother to speak into the line.

"Who is this?" He asked before hearing a sweet chuckle. "Your girlfriend." She answered. Sam's eyes went wide as he glanced at Stevie. "Diva?" He whispered in the phone before he spoke to Stevie. "You snuck my phone outside to talk to Mercedes?" Stevie just shrugged before nodding. Sam rolled his eyes halfway before he sat down on the stair next to his little brother before she continue to talk. "Aww, don't be too mad at him. He called to tell me he's going to miss me and that he wants to go to college with me." She smiled. Sam glanced at his brother, who looked apologetic at him, and smiled. "Really? Well, can you blame him? You are pretty special." He told her. "Ha. Keep talking, cutie." She said with a smile.  "What are you going to do now?" He asked her. "I'm at school. I have get ready for a surprise I am giving Mr. Schue and the rest of the New Directions. And you."

Sam seemed intrigued as to what her surprise was. "No, hints?" He asked. "Nope. I will see you in an hour." She smiled. "Okay." He said as he turned away from Stevie. "I love you, Diva." Mercedes grinned as she stood outside the choir room. "I love you, too." She said as she walked in the room. They both hung up at the same time as he turned and saw Stevie grinning. Sam sat back as he sighed. "You love Mercy?" Stevie asked, still grinning. Sam sighed again as he nodded. "Yeah. I do love her." He admitted so easily. "But you can't tell mom and dad. Dad has been acting weird about Mercy. And about me with her. Okay?" Stevie nodded his head fast, letting his blonde hair falling into his eyes. "Okay." Stevie said in a tone that showed he promised. "Good, lets go back in and get ready to leave. I got to graduate." Sam told his little brother.