Marriage Is A Two Way Street

Squinting his eyes, "Abigale?"

"What other chick would you know running around here?" Getting off the floor.

Hopping off his horse "What happened? Are you ok? Your not hurt are you?"

The others in the group hung back a little to give them some privacy. "What's going on here? Did you come looking for me? Is....is this a search party?" Noticing others.

"Yes, we have been looking for you for the past two weeks. Lord Cornwallis is furious with me for losing you. You are the most..."

He was interrupted when she flung her arms around him. Giving him the biggest hug she has ever given. "The most infuriating women ever. I know." She said laughing lightly.

He patted her back, "Where have you been? Was it the Militia?" He asked.

Letting him go, she looked to the floor then back to him. Really she wanted to eat and get cleaned up first. But knowing Tavington it was best she tells him now. And quick, like pulling off a band-aid. She told the story as fast and as detailed as she could about everything that had happened.

"And they still have Orion. Umm...before you go getting yourself all worked up, will you please take me home?" She begged.

"Private Smith, Walker, and James will take you back. The others will come with me." He ordered.

Isabel grabbed his arm, "Can't you take me? I'd feel safer if it was you."

Looking at her hand on his arm, "Really?"

"Well, you're pretty much seeing me at my worst right now. And you haven't turned around screaming. It was also really great of you to come and try to rescue me. Even though you were late and know that I'm perfectly capable of doing things on my own."

He couldn't help but smile at that. This was the first time they talked and she hadn't called him a tyrant or some kind of killer. Pointing at him, "Is that a...? I think it is. You're smiling."

The smile quickly disappeared, "Let's go." Getting on his horse.

He pulled her up on the back of his horse. She slipped her arms tight around him and rested her head on his back. When they got back Isabel practically fell into Colonel Tavington's arms when he helped her off the horse. She dragged her feet walking to the house. When she reached the top step to the porch she spun around.

Calling to him, "Colonel Tavington?"

He was about to turn his horse around and ride off to camp, letting Lord Cornwallis know they found her. "Yes?" He answered.

"Thanks for attempting to come and rescue me. No doubt if I didn't get away you would have saved me." She turned and went inside.

Everyone at the house was very, very happy to see her. The house had not been the same since she was gone. She ate her food and took the longest bath ever in her entire life. When she did finally get to bed she slept for two days straight. When she came downstairs, Lord Cornwallis was at the table. Enjoying the great smell and no doubt great tasting breakfast Isabel missed so much. She sat across from him and piled food onto her plate.

"I had planned for you to marry Colonel Tavington today. But the man went after the ones who took you and mumbling about something Orion this morning." He complained.

Smiling to herself, "You're just so determined to marry me to that man. I don't see the hurry in it." Stuffing her mouth with food.

Taking a sip of his drink "The war will be over soon. And when we win, he will need a wife to start a whole new life with."