Chapter 25

After about a week, Ellie together with her husband Darren, flew to the States to visit one of the clinics in New York.

The couple had an appointment with a fertility clinic to help them conceive. In order to have them assisted, El gave out a story pretending that she and Darren had difficulties getting pregnant. Of course, the man does not really agree on having it done this way. He is not totally infertile so his ego as a man is being hurt that they'll have to get Ellie's pregnancy without using natural methods.

Both of them have their selves checked as after few days, sample of their cells will be taken by the lab.

No matter how awkward this situation is for the both of them, the couple remained civil towards each other. Their relationship got improved in the last couple of months, making Ellie engage in normal conversations with Darren.

Though El had somehow forgiven her husband from leaving her before, her feelings to the man are still not developing back. For the talented woman, Darren is now just a friend bound to live with her and be the father of her child.

But despite all of this, there were no regrets in the heart and in the mind of the handsome man. He knew it will be difficult for him to get back the same old Ellie he had before. Nevertheless, he's satisfied for now even if he is stuck in a one-sided love marriage.

-----

So after a week spent on New York, the two went to New Zealand to visit El's family. They were welcomed warmly by the Martinez's as it had been so long since the two have gone there.

"Finally! My grandchild remembered to come visit us by!" Felicitas said. It was too obvious that Ellie is her favorite apo. Though the elder had other grandchildren coming from Rebecca's brother, El seems to be the most loved by the old woman. How come she won't be? Ellie grew up on her care when she were still young. She basically brought her up like her very own daughter thus making El call her mom's siblings as ate and kuya rather than the formal Aunt and Uncle.

"I'm sorry Nanay. We were just too busy to have some vacation off."

"Really? We? Or is it just you?" Rebecca commented. The whole family was on the Saloon area as they try to catch up with one another.

Ellie had already been used to her mom's side remarks. She does not take offense as her mother had been like this whenever she comes visit here in their main home. El could not blame her mother as it has really been so long since they had saw her.

"Sweetheart, don't be harsh on her. They've just arrived." As always Eleazar remains to be on Ellie's rescue. "So how is it there in the Philippines?" the head of the family asks his son-in-law who came together with his daughter.

"Good so far. Always been a busy day." Darren replied to the man.

"Have all your businesses settled there?" Eleazar knew how difficult it has to be for the young man to migrate to the Philippines just to be with his daughter. Darren had to leave his work in the US and had to relocate his business ventures' operations in the Pearl of the Orient. Especially that his businesses just started to get stable and make its name for itself.

"You guys shouldn't be focused much on your careers. What else do you still want? You should give more time for each other and start discussing on how to increase the members of our family." Felicitas reprimands the two young adults.

"Don't worry nanay, we're already working on it."

Ellie's response made the three older adults' eyes widen in surprise. They did not expect for El to be this proactive in this stage of their marriage. Truthfully, they have been worried that it would take a long time and they would have to force the young woman to consider getting pregnant.