𝟒. 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞

MIKE gave Laila an awkward smile which made her smile a little. "So.. tell me, you've been single for all these years?" Laila asked him with no hesitation. Obviously, Mike took this the wrong way.

"Shit, you tryna be my girlfriend?" Laila scoffed at him, "Boy please! I got a whole boyfriend."

"Okay and? We can be hooking up secretly you know." Mike joked. Laila wanted to mess with him a while so she leaned across the table and Mike got closer. Angie and Jackie watched and were freaking out and ranting about how they were convinced Laila was about to cheat on Kanan.

     Mike and Laila's lips weren't far from each other, which was pretty noticeable.

She went to his neck and Mike was getting nervous. "NO!!" She yelled in his ear. Mike jumped a bit and Laila began laughing. "You're fucked up man."

Laila laughed even more, "I'm fucked up? Last time I checked you were the one tryna convince me to cheat on my boyfriend."

    Mike scoffed back at her, "I was only joking though." Laila wasn't quite pleased with his response, so therefore she decided to leave that topic and move onto a new one. "Anyways, I think I should help you get a girlfriend."

    "Why? I mean not to be rude or anything but Ion want a girlfriend cause I got my eyes on somebody special."

    Laila groaned, "Mike for the last time... I am not gonna date you!! And you're never gonna change my mind."

    "Never? Aight let's see about that." Laila laughed at his statement. "I don't see what's so funny, Laila. The day you leave yo boyfriend for me I wanna see if you're still laughing."

"You're so ridiculous! It's never gonna happen. Can we please, just stay friends? No means no. I'm not gonna keep talking about this because it's honestly stressing the fuck outta me. Now... do you wanna listen to some Brent in the back with me or not?"

"Brent? See this is why I fuck with you." Mike and Laila stood up from their seats and her mother looked at them in confusion, "You guys aren't gonna eat?"

"Nah, we're gonna listen to some music in the back. Angie, can you cover for me?"

Angie sighed, "Finee." Laila smiled at her before walking out with Mike. In the back, there was some seats and a table.

The two of them sat down and Laila was scrolling down her Brent playlist. "I'm gonna play Been Away."
Mike nodded as the music began playing. Laila began humming along to the song and Mike smiled at her, "Sing. I wanna hear your voice."

"No my voice is ugly so that's why I stick to humming." She responded. Mike couldn't and wouldn't believe her, "Really? I don't believe you. I bet you be singing your heart out in the shower."

"Look, regardless of what your voice sounds like, everybody has sung in the shower. Also, I have to say that you're being so controlling right now."

"Controlling? How?" He asked, "First you annoyed me about breaking up with my boyfriend and now this."

"Okay okay the first time I was being both annoying and controlling but this time I just asked if you could sing, that's all. You can simply say no. Besides, 'No means no' right?"

Laila felt a headache coming, "You're so fucking stressful. Just shut up and vibe to Brent please?"

     Mike ignored her and began listening to Brent. "Kanan's gonna take me on a date tomorrow to some rich ass restaurant." Laila randomly said. Mike ignored her. "You mad for what though?"

     "I'm not mad I'm just uninterested in hearing about your plans with Kanan." Laila rolled her eyes and continued listening to Brent until she realized that the song was coming to an end. "I'm finna put some summer."

    Laila shuffled her Summer Walker playlist and Session 32 began playing. "Oh shit." Laila said before singing her whole heart out. Mike was taken by surprise. He knew Summer was a go to artist for many females but he never thought she would be one for Laila.

    In middle school, Laila was the type of girl to play rap music and oldies. Summer Walker was one of her favorites along with many other artists. People change, and Mike had to understand that.

     As the song came to an end, Jhene Aiko's song, None Of Your Concern, began playing. She began singing again and oddly felt comfortable with Mike. She never liked singing in front of people, even Kanan, but she has known Mike for a long time so maybe that was the reason.

     "I just wanna ask, who the fuck hurt you?" Mike interrupted her singing, "Kanan." She quickly responded.
"He hurt you? for real?"

"Look my relationship with Kanan is complicated but i love him with all my heart and everyday we're making it work. Ive went back to him once."

Suddenly, Angie barged into their conversation, "Once? You went back to him eleven fucking times!" Mike looked at her in shock, "Eleven times? Why the fuck did you just lie to my face right now?"

"Mike it's been like eight years do you really expect me to trust you so quick? Anyways I think i'm walking home because you're giving me a headache." Laila stood up with her phone and walked away. Angie sat in her spot and introduced herself to Mike, "I'm Angie."

"Mike." he replied. "Now if you wanna know what the fuck happened between Kanan and Laila then you better listen carefully. Also, I know she's gonna get mad at me but I personally don't fuck with Kanan. Okay let me start, Kanan cheated on her two times and she went back to him. The other three times he um... i don't think i can tell you why so we'll skip those three reasons. Then, Kanan got jealous four times so Laila broke up with him but they got back together. The last two reasons were cause of me and Jackie because we tried making it seem like Kanan was cheating on Laila and she believed us and broke up with him so he doesn't fuck with us either."

"Why does she go back to him? He sounds like a pretty shitty person." Angie nodded in agreement, "Because when Laila was growing up her parents had a toxic relationship with one another so now she thinks toxic relationships are normal which they clearly aren't. Jackie and I have been trying to convince her and she's never changed her mind. Besides, Laila doesn't like opening up with people. Kanan did something to her those three times... and trust me Mike I wish i could tell you but Laila will kill me."

"I know what to do." Mike stood up and tried finding Laila and eventually saw her ordering a taco down the street. "Laila!" he called out. Laila looked at him and groaned. "Mike sit your ass down!!" Angie yelled as she saw him run to Laila.

cat's corner 🥰✨

bae ❤️