60th Anniversary of Supercar

This section of the story is meant to cast my own personal views and interests in the series. Bearing in mind, this is just my opinion, and if yours differ that's perfectly fine.

Supercar - it's the marvel of the age. And yeah, you could say it defiantly is!

Now more often than not, when it comes around to a program's Anniversary I would indeed do a special to celebrate its golden birthday. Most notably in the case with another of Gerry Anderson's productions - UFO - I published 3 works from the series. The first was a story that would have worked if it was produced with the original production team and format from 1969 and 1970. My second was a behind the scenes book - The Vault detailing everything I could find about the series (or at least brief summaries such as actors biographies). And finally a movie adaption of the series. On the whole, these turned out to be pretty successful. The formats of these stories had been done previously with other Anniversaries of Anderson productions Joe 90 and The Secret Service, and I was hopefully going to follow the same pattern as with Supercar. However, with my A-Levels, it means that I can only work around two of them - an episode adaption and this one you are currently reading. A Vault book I wasn't sure I could get around to for the show's 60th Anniversary.

To me, as I would have said in my Vault book if I would have been able to write it, Supercar is one of my favourite Gerry Anderson productions. I could be here all day describing what makes this classic series work; its brilliant characters (who I really love), and it's simplistic yet easy-watching storylines that are a perfect means of escapism. And above all, Supercar works so well for me is because of its fun! It's a fun, magical show. Happy, sweet, and enjoyable. Although somewhat crude compared to what came after, the Anderson magic is still present (Four Feather Falls even had it too). You can see the influences it would later play upon on further shows, even seeing the developments from the first to the second series.

After all, AP Films were on a very tight budget for the first series, as the company was saved by Lew Grade of ITC. Supercar was the fourth Anderson series I watched, following Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and UFO. I first watched the series on Kiss Cartoon online from March 2017, finishing the series May that year - and of course, really enjoyed the series. I rewatched it roughly the same time in 2018, then starting the end of August 2020 up to November 2020, rewatching the series twice over. And I enjoy it even more, and more, and more, and more! Favourites of mine include The Runaway Train, The Day Time Stood Still, Supercar Take One, The Lost City, Crash Landing, Hi-Jack and False Alarm. And considering it was made 60 years ago, it holds up really well!

This "Movie" you can either view it as a "Movie" adaption for the series, or be the first five or six episodes of a new TV series of Supercar, introducing characters, villains, premise etc, for either a new reboot for the series or in the original series format, "Filmed in SUPERMARIONATION".